2 Sundown X 12's box build

Another box build for a previous customer. Upgrading from 2 Kicker CVR 15's to 2 Sundown X 12's (he really loves the lows, and that was the goal). Will be going in a Corolla trunk.

5.6 cubes net

6.5" Octaport

32 hz

"X" style bracing...

Will be adding "speaker rings" to the front of the box tomorrow as some added baffle bracing, for looks, and so the customer can use longer screws to hold these puppies in.

2014-04-17211350_zpse3a7783a.jpg

Octoport...I like. May be pm'ing you about them in a week or two.

Tuned in, you're boxes look sweet and they definitely perform :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Will it be at Altus on the 3rd? More importantly..will you?!?!

I heard Frank's setup, and his buddies running DD...assuming you built those boxes. Seemed like your designs, from what I've seen.

Will it be at Altus on the 3rd? More importantly..will you?!?!

I heard Frank's setup, and his buddies running DD...assuming you built those boxes. Seemed like your designs, from what I've seen.

I will not be at Altus, but I will be in Coyle at the Aho Audio show (I believe it's the day after Altus...).

That was Nick Rutledge and Frank Lopez. Me and Nick came up with the initial design of Franks box (which is currently in another guys Tahoe), and Nick built those 2 boxes. I believe Nick had Franks original box, and Frank was running his new box with a 14.5" port. I won't take full credit for those designs, but I did teach Nick how to correctly design and cut Octaports.

I like using them because they're simple, and one 3-4 people in the OKC/Tulsa/Stillwater area even know how to make them, so they're still fairly uncommon. I'm making them more common in Oklahoma. :)

Might have to have one in my ride, advantages over an aero?

Could care less about ease of tuning, I just need like 18 inches per cube(4) for this Tantric HD 15 lol.

Can't make the Aho show :( I'll get in touch with you as soon as Murphy gets me my sub and I get my enclosure mocked up.

Archived