Second Skin Audio

2 Sundown sa15s on bc3500

barney91

Is that design with a center pretty, firing back at the hatch?

yes subs up port back with the port in the center to help reinforce the top

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

I'm guessing no one has ran 3k to SA subs? I've done it, and I know a lot of people who've done it. I ran sa12s in 4cu on a Sundown 3k. Buddy had some on a Sundown 3500. Know a few who have pairs on bc3500s. All wired to 1 or half ohm. Anyways, it can be done because;

1.) You will NEVER see the 38xx watts due to rise/voltage and the various bass notes in songs; unless you plan to play test tones all day

2.) If you set you gains right, the subs will be fine

3.) If you build a slightly smaller box with slightly higher port area, you should be fine. (As some said, 6 cubes, 13-15sq in of port per)

4.) If you are smart with your volume/bass knob, you will be fine.

Is there a chance you will blow your subs, of course. Everyone with a system has that possibility. You just have to be smart about it (the opposite of me, haha)

You cut down volume of the box, all you're doing is preventing the sub from mechanically tearing itself apart. The thermal part of the equation is still there. The heat is still sent to the coils.

For someone I don't know their should in setting up a system, building a box, having restraint with volume knob, having their nose do some work for stinky subs, keeping an eye on voltage, I will NEVER EVER suggest to run three times rated power at a sub. I'm not going to be the one that he comes back to and blames because I said," yeah, you're fine".

Barney, to answer your question, no. That box is not big enough for two X 15s and does not have enough port in my opinion. I'd give another 40" of port which will eat into your net airspace. You're volume MIGHT be ok, but port is not. I get a little over 6 cubes(rough math) after port and sub displacement.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have the -3.5 and -7.5 tracks that SnowDrifter put up. I also have all of the stock CD tones as well.

Sorry for the capitalization of HAVE this whole time. My library has it saved and it fills that word before the lower case version.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived