osiris10012 Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 Hello everyone. I got bored and started designing a new enclosure for my crew cab nissan titan. I got some great feed back on my last design from everyone so I would like to get your opinions on this one too. I am looking at either an fi Q 10" or ssa xcon 10" (haven't decided yet) for my next sub and this enclosure should work well for either sub. would love a soundqubed hdc310, but I can't make an enclosure like this work because the mounting depth and size of motor make it impossible. It is 1.5 cu. ft net volume. the port is a 4.5"x4.5" tuned to 35hz. It will have roughly 4" of clearance between the port and door panel. I was originally going to cut the sub hole in the outer baffle to make the sub recessed, but I need the added room for mounting depth. Plus the added mounting support is a nice addition. I plan to add a couple 1" dowel rods for bracing too. I just didn't add those into the drawing. Also the sub will be powered by my PPI bk1800.1 running at 1 ohm. If it puts out rated I will be giving the sub 1800w rms. I have to email both fi and ssa for exact measurements of the motor assembly to be 100% sure before I commit to building it. Also one last question. Would my current sundown e10v2 work in this enclosure until I save up for a new sub? I know it is .25 cu. ft larger than recommended but I figured it should still perform well in it. Thank you in advance for your time and input.
timc31610 Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 Looks cool! I cant speak as to whether or not it will work as intended but the design looks awesome! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Deeznutz Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 send the design to SA and see they say. Shouldn't ports unrestricted? I think that restriction alters the speed at which the air leaves the port right? -Frank
osiris10012 Posted April 20, 2014 Author Report Posted April 20, 2014 Looks cool! I cant speak as to whether or not it will work as intended but the design looks awesome! Thank you. I really want the forward firing. I always have my seat flipped up because with it down it really reduces the output of my current up firing design. send the design to SA and see they say. Shouldn't ports unrestricted? I think that restriction alters the speed at which the air leaves the port right? -Frank Never thought of that. This port design should be much less restrictive than my current design. Unfortunately trying to keep it under my rear seat makes it next to impossible to design a port with proper area without the 2 90 degree bends. My current box has 4 90 degree bends in it and sounds great.
osiris10012 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 No more input? Thinking about building this soon.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.