Second Skin Audio

need your guys opinion

pantstain

hey guys. need your opinion on which subwoofer to choose. i recently picked up a hifonics zues zrx 3000.1d amp brand new from a friend really cheap and im pretty undecided on which sub/subs i want to pick. i really dont want to spend a whole lot....as i just got back to work from being off for 6 months from back surgery so not a whole lot of money flowing around at the moment...i was thinking of sticking to a $200 limit the sub (not counting box ofc). its going in a 99 mustang....so ofc not a ton of room....but i have a buddy who offered to make the box for me for free as long as i buy the materials (and he has been making boxes and been into car audio pretty heavy for years and years so i trust him). and yeah i asked his opinion on a sub but he wants me to shoot for the $450 range for a sub....and thats not really something i really want to do.

one i was really looking at was the power acoustik mofo...their pretty cheap and at that price i could do a pair of them even for like 220ish. also been looking at sundown sa-12 as well but its 200ish for one and not sure about its power handling on that amp i have.....

so whats your thoughts guys?

Sq is an awesome company, but you definitely need a strong electrical

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Sq is an awesome company, but you definitely need a strong electrical

yeah i plan on upgrading my electrical system for sure before i install everything. amp says in requires 0 gauge power and ground ofc. and the big 3 need to be done. plan on doing a new battery as im not sure how old mine is (its a interstate battery). have had ppl tell me i should put a second battery in the back...was considering a capacitor instead....but lot of mixed review on the net about those....was gonna ask what you guys thought about those as well. was gonna upgrade alternator as well. knuconcepts makes a 200amp alternator i was looking at for $240 that i was considering pretty heavily. and it comes with upgraded power and ground cables as well

ive never really had a high power system like this. ive always had lower power systems like 2 8" infitys with 250w rms, a 12" rockford p1 with 150w rms, ages ago (15yr) i had a 15" lazar with a 420w amp. stuff like that

its definitely a budget build....but i dont want to buy something thats gonna sound like crap or just gonna blow up after i break it in after a month or so

Post your max dimensions for a box that will go through the trunk opening, this is most important to ensure good performance results, you need to pick subs that will work well in the airspace you have. Most common error ever people do when picking subs.

Archived