Second Skin Audio

need your guys opinion

pantstain

when i had the single sub i had it to 2 jl 500/1 v2s in a 2.5 (net 3ft gross)cubic box and it was louder then a kids i worked with 2 jl w3 12 2cubes each on a mtx 1500thunder amp

that's impressive! he had more cone and more Watts and i was much much louder. my car was a Saturn ls his a cavalier. so the same car. stock alt 0g big 3 both cars

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

get the 12 2.5 ft net 1500w amp.tune to 30hz believe me. there good subs i higher tune will be louder but sound like crap! i had a 42hz tune box also 2.5ft it was real loud but i couldn't enjoy.different kinds of music. only heavy bass stuff. i rebuilt a box dropped the tune to 30hz and then everything from dubstep tool sublime... everything sounds good.v

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

also looking at the sound qubed hds 310/312. seems pretty impressive. any thoughts on choosing the hds over the alpine swr type r?

The HDS 12s would need larger box for optimal operation than what you can fit in that car, probably building inside, 10s would be ok for a removable box, SWR 12d4s can work in smaller boxes which you will be able to fit in your vehicle, DC Audio 12s can also fit in smaller boxes if you can pay some more.

we can't do vs threads here man, YouTube! just search the subs. I've owned the rs and heard the sq Subs... i bought the rs...

but please please please don't go lower then 2.5 net for the rs! ifyour only doing one sub you can fit that in your trunk all day! They really like big boxes. my single type r in a 2.5 was louder then both when they each had 1.6 on the same power. 2 jl 500/1 to each set up.

i was more then pissed when i spent another $289 on a sub And (my dumbass) bought a prefab for $220 And i lost output! straight got quieter! then redid a box and gained way more. but still DO A BIG BOX!

if your planning on adding another sub and don't have the room for a 6ft box look into the fi bl subs. one of them is a monster on good power! same with the sundown x

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

we can't do vs threads here man, YouTube! just search the subs. I've owned the rs and heard the sq Subs... i bought the rs...

but please please please don't go lower then 2.5 net for the rs! ifyour only doing one sub you can fit that in your trunk all day! They really like big boxes. my single type r in a 2.5 was louder then both when they each had 1.6 on the same power. 2 jl 500/1 to each set up.

i was more then pissed when i spent another $289 on a sub And (my dumbass) bought a prefab for $220 And i lost output! straight got quieter! then redid a box and gained way more. but still DO A BIG BOX!

if your planning on adding another sub and don't have the room for a 6ft box look into the fi bl subs. one of them is a monster on good power! same with the sundown x

What about an infinite baffle setup? With the type rs. Never done one....but its essentially an extremely large sealed box in a car setup...

the type rs don't really have enough xmax for a ib set up. and i think if you did you would need 3 or 4of them to fill.the trunk with bass. if you have to much air space they will behave like free air. that will drop the rms rating and they will bottom out very easy.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff