Gurpreet Singh Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I've got 2 18" SMD's in a mk4 golf in a wall tuned to around 26-27hz. The box is 21cuft but has been reduced to around 14cuft using 45's (ready for a 3rd one if i decide to get one). I've got 2 210a alternators at 15v and using 4 yellow top batteries - not really used. the voltage is fine, stays around 14.3-14.6 full tilt. My most recent scores are: 40hz - 150.9 33hz - 153.9 25hz - 152.7 20hz - 150.6 What can i do to get louder and get more violent hair tricks? I was expecting a 155 out of this so maybe I'm not doing something right? It's running 5k per sub. Was thinking of raising the tuning to 33 or 34 hz? Would that help scores and sound louder to the ear or not?
Guest Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 lower tuning generally equals lower meter score
Gurpreet Singh Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 So if I raise it to around 33 or 34 hz by reducing the port length, would that make it louder/harder hitting to the ear and louder on the meter? and would hair tricks still be as good in the 20hz region?
Guest Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 its worth a try and easy with a wood block which amplifier do you have on your smds?
Aj11 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 the higher you tune the lmore low end your Gonna lose. personally i like lower tunes over annoying 45hz plus tunes. but if your chasing numbers you need a higher tune. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
LBM Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Tune it at close to 30-32 hz you will love it !!! I was running two 18 inch SMD with four T2500. You will get good hair tricks with good score also !!!! http://lbm.net.in
SlamminBeats Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 are those sealed scores? either way a 150.xx at 20 hz is nice man for 2 18s. and your tuned so low. I could see 55s if you tuned higher.
kirill007 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 "Easy" 155 if you tune to 34Hz, still low enough for most low songs except C&S. If you notice that the subwoofers can take more, enlarge the enclosure a bit. And do the usual SPL tricks. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Gurpreet Singh Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 I'm running GZPA 4k's strapped together to give 10k, then split over the 2 subs I only listen to music between 20hz and 44 hz or so, so would prefer it still being able to play lows nicely. and the scores are with driver door open and mic on the passenger head rest - PD format in the UK I'll try to raise the tuning and see if that helps. Anything else?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.