JoshDalli Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I have dual JBL 15's, they are dual coil 350 RMS and 1450W. Right now my amp is pushing 400RMS. For about a week I noticed that the left sub was playing quieter than the right sub. I took them out of the box and made sure everything was still working and it was fine. No voice coil problems or anything. I took my system apart and rewired it just to make sure, and they were still fucking up. I took the wires from the left sub channel and switched them around and now they are playing back to normal. I dont know what the problem was or if there still is a problem or if im not pushing enough power? any ideas?
Noel989 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 What amp are you using? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
JoshDalli Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 I dont know what the amp is, I was told its an earthquake but I dont know anything other than that
Guest Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 are you wiring them like this? we need to know how you're wiring them.
EP95 Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Does your amp have a gain for each channel? Are you sure there the same Impedance?
White Lightning Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Are you running a mono block (single channel) amplifier ??? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
JoshDalli Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 The only other thing that I can think of is that my left sub is on its way out
JoshDalli Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 No im running two channels. so I was thinking maybe one of the channels is blown.. or getting there
Guest Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 No im running two channels. so I was thinking maybe one of the channels is blown.. or getting there draw a diagram of how you're wiring the woofers up to the amp. if one of the channels was bad and you said you swapped the wires going to L and R channels, then the amp likely isn't going bad.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.