Sonic Electronix

Here's another good amp. This has the same insides as the famous MTX 2300. This amp has the EBC port. Forget about trying to find a EBC without paying about $50-75 for one. They are rare EBC's. 600W @ 12.5V, 14.4 750, but BigDWiz clamped the MTX 2300 at 984W I believe, you would have to see the video to comfirm. It's on the forum now. Anyhow. This is a SOLID AMP.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-school-amp-mtx-thunder-2300x-2-channel-working-/111333325866?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19ebfbbc2a

-Frank

Yeah I have read about these amp boards come from the same parent board maker. Just shy @ 1000W @ 14.4V. 740W @ 12.6V which is the realistic watts seen for most cars. and 12.5% more watts at 13.8V about 865W output. Ebay sells the phantom for $197.00 + free shipping.

Blane, the Crossfire VR602 I posted is what I bid and won after posting it for you. lol. $75.00 offered and accepted + $30.00 shipping. $105.00 total for similar wattage for an amp I believe in. Still BigHoss, the value is in the older amp. IMO.

You guys have to see the humor in life. If the chic is hot, you'll go overboard on dinner to impress her and have to work overtime for the money spent. But the same guys will spend $$ on nice pricey subs only to skimp on the amp that pushes them. Both analogies do not make sense, which is the point of what I am saying. Priorities are kinda screwed. The sub IS the chic, show it the same respect. This is the logic I tell my gf's 19 y.o. son. I'm 41. Approach this logically, quit being a cheap skate and invest in a "good" amp. lol.

Well gotta go, post some more to increase my #'s to >750!

-Frank

Blane, I just picked up this amp for $XX.XX. Old school SQ quality Soundstream 405. Once I test it, if it works, on Ebay it goes for $125'ish just to move it along and not be greedy like some Ebay Sellers. I make alittle coin, the buyer is happy. I undersell this guy for $75.00. Cosmeticially identical.

Here is what the guy says about old school amps.

" This amp is in good working condition. I have been an audio tech for 25 plus years and have repaired this amp. It was a minor repair (not fried). I cleaned out the dust and old heat sink compound and replaced with new compound. Cleaned the switches with de-oxit and tested all 5 channels. It is working great and provided you don't abuse it, should give years of service. In my opinion these older Soundstream amps are as good as it gets for car audio amps. At one time we were Soundstream authorized warranty repair and so I have worked on alot of them and others as well, I know what I am talking about! The amp is in better than average cosmetic condition, one corner has some scratches, see the pics. some of the plastic caps on the bottom are missing. If you really care about that you could use tape to cover the hole. The screws for the connections are all there and in nice shape as are the RCA jacks. One more note: Made in USA. How many Car audio amps can you say that about these days??? Thanks for looking. Any questions please ask.

-Frank

Archived