Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Choosing New Sub, Advice Wanted!


Jbarrera93

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, so I'm planning on selling my entire setup ( Subs, Amp, Box ) and trying out some other brands. I have already decided on the amp( CT Sounds 1400.1 ). I just wanted to get some opinions on subs that would do good on this amp in the range of 300-400. Multiple 10's 12's single 15" or 18". Please help me out here guys it would be really appreciated.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Posted

total for 2 10's or 2 12's

3-400 for single 15 or single 18

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Posted

Try a pair of Fi subs... SSD's can be had pretty cheap.

Or try a Tantric HD 15, a tad under $400 shipped :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

why not one bad azz sub for $400 theres Allot to choose from! the level 5, sundown x,ct sounds meso, mayhem

all of them can do as good as Two $200 subs if they have a good box. plus if you have the room a 18inch sundown x in a forth would be much better then 2 run of the mill 12s.

I'm not saying I'm just saying. also what car/truck/suv is this going in?

also what is your goal? just filing a sub stage, chasing numbers, impressing your friends?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

why not one bad azz sub for $400 theres Allot to choose from! the level 5, sundown x,ct sounds meso, mayhem

all of them can do as good as Two $200 subs if they have a good box. plus if you have the room a 18inch sundown x in a forth would be much better then 2 run of the mill 12s.

I'm not saying I'm just saying. also what car/truck/suv is this going in?

also what is your goal? just filing a sub stage, chasing numbers, impressing your friends?

level 5's are like $700 new lol. They are around the price of Tantric SHD's. Mayhem's are $600ish. Those are all bigboy subs... SHD's can take 7k daily. Level 5's are being ran on 7.5k's a piece(thorshammer ftw)...a pair of Mayhem's can take a 7.5k board.

Forgot to mention SoundQubed HDC4. American Bass HD's. DC XL's are in that range. Reconed triple slug and UFO Fi BTL's can be had around $350 all day long. Hell, you may even find a neo motor sub for that much that needs a recone....highly unlikely though

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

2 American bass xfl 12s (380) (the 15s would be $420)

2 c2 audio threatcon 2 12s (340)

2 c2 audio threatcon 2 15s (360)

1 incriminator audio death row 15 (399)

2 soundqubed hds300 12 or 15 (280-300)

2 obsidian 12s, 15s or 18s (280-380)

2 sa-12s (around 400)

2 fi ssd 12s would be just over 400

not sure on dc prices but they have a thread where you can ask for pricing ct sounds may also have something you might like good luck on your search!

Posted

Yea leaning more towards a single sub either 15" or 18". It's going into a 2001 Chevy Blazer, I'm looking for a daily driver that gets loud & low so the X 18 in a 4th doesn't sound like a bad idea. Not chasing numbers at all just want something I can demo and listen to.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Posted

I don't think I have enough room for 2 15's without getting rid of my backseat.... :( If not I would. The 2 12's barely fit and I have to have the seats folded down so the port has enough room to breathe.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...