Second Skin Audio

Help with a complicated enclosure (Wedge with FI BL's)

KWP123

Hey so I know this is my first post but this isn't my first time with SMD. I use to have an account (KWP369) I was very very very active. Then I joined the army and life just got way to busy to be able to continue with hobbies. I have been sufficing with just simple subs and simple boxes to feed my addiction. Well I finally have my life on track where I can go BIG. This is where I need ya'lls help please :)

So I am planning (crossing my fingers) to be able to make this work. I want to be able to put (2) 15 FI BL's into my 08 scion tC. With it being a two door hatch I have a slanted trunk, so I want to build the box with the slant to get as much volume as possible. Fi's website says (1) 15 BL needs 3-5cuft so two of them are going to need 6-10cuft. With my measurements I have come up with 7.75cuft. (Is that enough cuft to make a ported box for my (2) 15" FI BL's tuned to around 30hz?) (I listen to A LOT of bass boosted dubstep.)

I am going to attach a picture of my design and measurements to help.

If this doesn't work out (need me cuft or what not then i'm just goin to lose the back seats. I'm just trying really hard to retain the back seats.

Boxdesign.png

I could be wrong but I don't think it is. You have to take sub displacement and port in to account also so it may be even smaller.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

The 6.7cuft is with sub displacement but not with port displacement. I used Torres Tuning calculator and have found that if I use a 3Hx12Wx12L port that it'll give me 30.41Hz. So I do have enough room to build the port if I put them under the subs. My only real concern right now is 6.7cuft enough for (2) 15" FI BL's??? Or is it going to sound shitty with that little amount of airspace? Also with the top of my box being slanted is it going to be deep enough for the mounting depth. How far down will have I have to mount my subs so they won't hit the slant. (If I have to mount them too low then I lose room to place my port. Unless I do a vertical port between the two subs.... Decisions decisions..... First I need to know do I have enough airspace???

Here is a screenshot of Torres Tuning Calculator. Can somebody let me know if i did this right??? Also can somebody could sketch this out for me that would be amazing. So I could see what I'm working with. If this doesn't work out then I'm just going to have to lose the back seats ;)

BoxCalculations-1.png

Also I don't think it's a good idea to build that box out of half inch without a ton of bracing. Bracing would probably eat up more space than using 3/4. I also think you would have at least two common port walls.

Ok so I guess I don't have enough volume for (2) 15's, and I'm not going to drop down to 12's. with the money I was going to spend on (2) 15" Fi BL's I can easily get (1) 15" Fi SP4. would this be worth it to go with the upgraded 15 even though it'll be only one sub instead of the two I originally wanted?

Archived