IMPORTANT! potential alternator problem

so i will be taking a trip to Milwaukee for a concert with some friends, and the drive is about 2-2.5 hours. we were planing on taking my car. normally my voltage will rest at 14.2-14.5v. today i was driving on the highway listening to music(not blasting, but decent volume) and i noticed my voltage was getting really low. so i turned my music all the way down, and when driving, my voltage was staying between 13.1-13.5 volts. when i come up to a stop light, and sit, it drops to 11.9-12.4v... does this mean that my alternator is going out?? the trip is in 2 days this is really scaring me. i dont want to be stranded hours from home.

does anyone have an idea of what could be going wrong? i have a stinger voltmeter reading at the amp, set with dmm. everything was ok until it started to be idling at 12v. please help!!!

and thank you in advance and sorry bout the long post

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

i checked the amp ground, and it seemed good. didnt move when i pushed on it. and yes it is sanded down to bare metal. i will go check every other connection i can right now

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

First pop your hood an look for any looseness or corroding going on with all wires on ground to body

to alt to batt/etc,put on mulitmeter while off(12.5V) & then at idle14.4+V)..post results..i had this very issue

yesterday,turned out blueish build up on batt posts.

metered the connection. on battery posts, it is 12.8v when it is off, and 13.4 when it is idling, and tested at the amp with same results. which is the same as the voltmeter reading at the amp. all grounds seem good. i do not have the big 3 done. just a 0 gauge from battery negative to ground. alternator is buried in my engine so i have to figure out how to do that. everything was fine until today. not sure :/ i will clean up battery terminals to make sure theres no gunk on them after class. will post if that changes anything. thank you for the advice. anyone else with suggestions?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Ok I will resist bumping. And I'll see if I can check the belt. Alternator is buried in my engine so I'll see what I can do. Do you think it would be ok to go on a 2 hour drive there and back?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived