islandpride684 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 Can I use my HU's pre-amp RCA's (4v) as a signal going into the high level/speaker level inputs of a DSP without RCA input connects? Will it work? I'm looking at getting a Precision Power DSP-88r. (30V max 4-channel high level/speaker level input) Can I use something like RF's RFI2SW1 RCA to speaker level converter from the HU to the DSP. I just want to know if it will work. Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Stephen13 Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 Why not use the 8V max RCA inputs? In my experience it's always better to do signal processing on line level signals than speaker level signals. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
islandpride684 Posted May 3, 2014 Author Report Posted May 3, 2014 That's what I'm trying to do but the DSP doesn't have RCA inputs except for one AUX. I want to use a RCA to speaker level adapter from the head unit to the DSP, using the positive wires only. Will the DSP be able to register the signals from the head unit using that adapter. Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
BoomZoom808 Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 Use the low level inputs you have much higher THD using the high level input... 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
islandpride684 Posted May 3, 2014 Author Report Posted May 3, 2014 Use the low level inputs you have much higher THD using the high level input... Yes I would too, only the DSP I'm trying to use does not have RCA inputs except for one AUX and I'm trying to use all 3 preamps from the head unit. Unless I buy the next one up which has RCA inputs and I wouldn't have to worry about it but that's like 200 more. Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Stephen13 Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 Start saving for the more expensive version. That's what I would do. LOC's are a compromise IMO. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.