chasing DB 150+ @kick *Singer/XS Power/3 15"/6Kw*

hey guys,

I'm don't often post on forums, but i browse SMD frequently, possibly wanting to become more interactive on here.

Anyways, what brought me here is the start of chasing #'s. Just to get started, my current setup contains:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited awd 4.7

-180k+(daily driver)

electrical:

-singer 310a alternator

-(3) xs power d3100

-big 3 (replacing with SHCA 1/0 soon)

-2 runs 1/0 to rear

-ofc 1/0 true awg frame/d3100's/amps

amplifiers:

-(3)Belva bb5000.1 (2k clean rms i believe)

-kenwood exceleon 400.4

-audio control line driver

front stage:

(1) 6 1/2" hertz HSK active

rear stage:

-(3)soundqubed hdc3 15" d2's

deadner:

-60sq ft hushmat (3layer roof/ 2layer doors/ 2layers rear floor/ 3layers hatch)

To begin with, i'm a young audio enthusiast and attend local competitions, scores from last show are:

163.7db port

149.1db streetbeat

151.4db kick

147.9db headrest

box or "wall" is 12.5cubes 37hertz i believe. subs/port rear, short box port in center. Once i am free tomorrow i'll figure out how to post pictures on the forum of my ride and system for a better idea with what i'm working with. If someone could post a link to a tutorial or something on picture posting on SMD that'd be awesome.

I plan on making some modifications and replacing all my wiring to OFC, big 3 and the 2 runs of 1/0 are the only wiring non OFC in my Jeep, Also saving some cash up over the next few months for a definite sub stage amp replacement and either a new box design for the current woofers. I've also gotten advise on switching to two 15"s for the metter, it seem's the 3 15"s may not suit my jeeps vehicle cabin opposed to 2 15"s. Maybe and possibly it could be the enclosure style.

Woofers are broken in finally can smell them warm up but they recently seen 2k for the first time, but only on full tilt after maybe 15min.

If anyone has any questions or advise to help me out i'd appreciate it, and i'll get some pictures uploaded tomorrow. Hopefully getting a term lab soon for testing when i start switching things up with my rear stage. I'm here to gain knowledge on increasing my SPL.

If you're just chasing numbers you should be able to get better numbers with a single 15 on just 2 of those amps.

I've done dozens of boxes for older style Grand Cherokee, message me if you want any info on what does and does not work in the cargo area.

Lastly if you really want to compete seriously the first thing you should buy is an accurate SPL meter. No if's and's or but's. There's good odds that you can find half a dB right now with a meter with just some gorilla tape and moving things around in the cabin.

The Makeitlouder.com meter can be very accurate if you have a good DMM to measure with. Or you can buy the DMM he sells with it and have it calibrated (It's a good DMM and I use mine for everything). Also Will is a good guy to deal with in general.

SPL-Labs makes a few styles of meter. I currently use their wireless (Bluetooth) meter which IMO is the most convenient if you run an android phone or tablet. Would highly recommend all around.

Of course Termlab is the one used by most competition orgs. Needing a bunch of wires, a computer, and the fact that you have to buy software upgrades to keep it current down the road makes it my least favorite of the ones I've tested.

You can often find a used meter in forum classifieds around the web for fair prices.

are you from illinois by chance?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived