Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sundown sa12 crossover point


tbeats

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I have two sa12's in a ported box to sa spec . I'm crossed over at 80hz with a cc-1 on a saz1200d the bass sounds a little sloppy at high volume. Wound a crossover at 60-70 Hz be cleaner?

Posted

The sloppiness is box related usually, the crossover setting will help if you want your front stage to play some of the midbass or you want the sub to do it, the effective bandwidth of your front stage depends on the comp set you are running, if those don't extend low enough for your cross setting you will have midbass response issues.

Posted

Well setting the crossover by the book with the cc-1 saying 100hz sounded horrible then I went to 80hz was a little better . So I went ahead today an dropped down to 71hz an sounds night an day BETTER!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...