Sonic Electronix

Have 2 subs but they move opposite of eachother

Find a better "audio storeguy" that knows what he's doing. Someone that knows that they were doing could get you straightened out in 5 minutes. Both subs are mounted in the box normally, right? Like one isn't inverted(magnet out) and the other is cone side out right?

All negatives go the the negative on the amp, all positives go to the positive on the amp. If this is done, your problem should be fixed. Knowing if the terminals are possibly labeled incorrectly needs to be done by as professional since you don't have the tools or knowledge to do so.

Hopefully someone from this forum can meet up with you and help.

Also, that amp can draw upwards 200A. A , 100A fuse could potentially blow if the amp tries to pull more current than it will allow. It won't blow right away, and may never blow, but a 200A fuse would be a better route if your wire is properly sized. What size is that wire going from the front to the rear where the amp is?

both subs are normal mounted, i used to run 900w rms so i have 4 gauge running from front to back i need to upgrade to 1/0 but once i do that ill need a bigger fuse and a better battery maybe 2, because my battery is stock and my alt isnt stock but only is 130A

Subs - Dual RE Audio SXX v2 15D4 wired at 1 ohm

Door Speakers - RE REX 5x7/6x9

Battery - Kinetik HC 2000

Sub Amp - Crescendo BC2000

Door Amp - Alpine MRP-F300
Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-X8600BS

The dirty sound you're hearing could be the shitty prefab box. It may leak, may be poorly constructed, and could just be crap all together.

could be, i bought it from the same store that hired the audio storeguy

Maybe you are sending a distorted signal and one sub is taking it better than the other?

I am really not sure. No offense but you said the audio guy couldn't "see" what you were talking about but you listened to him when it came to changing your wires?

So you can hear AND see the subs doing different things? You said they sound bad? How do the coils look? Have you blown subs in the past? Has anyone else looked at it in person and what have they said? With everything off if you push down on the subs do you feel/hear a scraping sound?

I am no expert but if you are absolutely sure the wiring is correct then it's gonna be something else. Play just one sub at a time and see if it sounds *correct/right/good* to you?

the subs sound normal at higher freqs but lower freqs where they move more you can see and hear the difference, the subs are brand new and look new around coils and all that, ive blown two subs in the past they were audiobahn 15's sitting in a garage for years and had mold and dust when i got them for $100, one just siezed up and didnt melt and the other one melted, 900w was going into them and they were rated 500 rms each, no one else has looked at it, the subs dont make a scraping sound as far as i know they are too tight right now i fell like im hurting it pushing down too hard

I'm almost wondering if RE mislabeled a D2 sub as a D4. Measuring with a DMM would be a good way to be able to test.

Edit-You're not hurting the sub by pushing it down. This is assuming you're not pushing it ALL the way down to where potentially the voice coil former is smacking the back of the motor.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yea, don't push on them then, lol.

The lower frequency aspect of it is prolly what CleanSierra already suggested and the prefab box.

Tuned in for the fix though

Sorry I couldn't help more, just have strangeduck come look at it....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I'm almost wondering if RE mislabeled a D2 sub as a D4. Measuring with a DMM would be a good way to be able to test.

i got a DMM for free today and its dark so i didnt go and test it yet, but how would i know if its dual 2 or dual 4 with a DMM, i know how to check voltage and polarity but ohms? ill probably youtube it when the time comes

Yea, don't push on them then, lol.

The lower frequency aspect of it is prolly what CleanSierra already suggested and the prefab box.

Tuned in for the fix though

Sorry I couldn't help more, just have strangeduck come look at it....

yea the box is pretty shitty i kinda figured that but this is my first system so i dont know the difference in person of a prefab and a custom box, i only hear word of mouth

There should be a setting on your DMM to check resistance in ohms. Touch negative lead from DMM to negative on sub and same with positive. It should be ~ 4 ohms. If you want to check the resistance of your leads, touch them together. Subtract that from the resistance you "see" for each coil

You'll know quickly if you have 2 subs that are D4.

You could also check resistance RIGHT now by going to the positive and negative on the amp where your wires from your subs are hooked up. You should have dsmn close to a 1 ohm load AT THE AMP

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

There should be a setting on your DMM to check resistance in ohms. Touch negative lead from DMM to negative on sub and same with positive. It should be ~ 4 ohms. If you want to check the resistance of your leads, touch them together. Subtract that from the resistance you "see" for each coil

You'll know quickly if you have 2 subs that are D4.

You could also check resistance RIGHT now by going to the positive and negative on the amp where your wires from your subs are hooked up. You should have dsmn close to a 1 ohm load AT THE AMP

im gonna change the wiring so that they are both wired individually to the amp so there will be 4 speaker wires going to the amp so ill just test on the subs themself, they are unscrewed right now anyway

Archived