Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Finishing Birch. Paint...or dip?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I would dipped if that's the finished your looking for

Also haven't seen any dipped

dip seems easy but it can chip easily so maybe i shouldnt lol was just a thought.

Posted

Wrap it?! It will look better, should be faster, and maybe even cheaper dependibg what you choose...

dont you lose output? i know people have done spl test with carpet wrap but what about a vinyl?

Posted

I doubt vinyl will do anything. I have leather vinyl on my trunk side. On the cabin side I used a black sticker vinyl I drove around for a bit without the vinyl berfore it arrived in the mail if there was any difference in output it wasn't audibe by ear.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Posted

dip is stupid.

i've seen carbon fiber vinyl applied to a wall baffle. looked gorgeous.

Posted

i tihnk the sides of the wall where the rear door opens will be painted a color close to my cars color and then the front will be somethgin a bit different.

Posted

yourautotrim.com has great spray adhesive and good vinyl.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Posted

I used 3m high strength spray. Follow the directions, spray both sides, let it tac a bit and then press it on, it won't be coming off.

You might lose a few tenths depending on the material, which if you are really chasing numbers is a good reason to paint.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...