Second Skin Audio

Single 8" T-Line?

I have a SA-8 v2 and I want to make a T-Line for it to just see how it'll perform. It's going in my DD, (civic), so I don't know if I should tune it to low 30's like my past boxes or tune it to ~35 for listening. Plus, i don't know how to design a T-line or how the ports perform outside of it's tuning.

Total dimentions I have to work with (hopefully box isn't that big)
43wx26dx16h (i could fit a mock-up in with 28d, but an extra 2" to work with makes me feel safer)

I'd like to make it sub/port towards back and as wide as you can with it still being efficient. as long as it'd not over 16" deep I wouldn't really mind.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

and before you judge,

yes, a civic sedan can fit a 9.23 cuft box gross :P

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

and before you judge,

yes, a civic sedan can fit a 9.23 cuft box gross :P

...and still have ~10" to the back wall for amp rack

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

hmmm so i have actually made a t-line for an sa8 v2 but i did a expanding horn design. sounded alright but i think the horn design gave it to much line area and made it really sound hallow. i would do a taper. to start with with enough area at the closed end to fit the mounting depth and the taper the correct amount or maybe a bit smaller lol but i also don't have much to back that design either. i building a box like that right now and i can tell you how it sounds. it's also tuned above the fs so i can tell you how that goes too.

edit: i wrote this half asleep so i'll come back tomorrow and maybe be a bit more helpful :P

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Thanks for helping bro, I just have a lot of questions about T-lines and how musical they are. I could just do a 4th order but I don't know how those 8's llike 4ths.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

if you want i actually have a 6th design for the sa8 v2 that gets low and is really musical!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I had my sa8 in a tline and it was nasty. I made a user error and smoked it but will recone and put it back in. I currently have my mtx 5508 on 125 watts in my impala trunk and its a bad lil bitch. The sa8 was even badder on 600 :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

My box is tuned to 39.76hz btw ;)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I'm probably going to tune to ~35hz for daily. 39hz is fiiiine with me though, if you still have that box design hit me up

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

Archived