Sundown Audio

Smilies cuts off.. Sub problem?

AASMDBASS

Do you know where the ground is going?

Grounds from front battery, 4 channel, and sub amp are all on the rear battery (XS Power D3100) and from there, have a metal bar running to the frame of the 3rd row seats mounting bracket it appears... Solid connection it seems...

Yep, throws that out

well at least you found out why the amp was going into protect mode. Now for the tuning side of it go around 5hz lower than your box tuning for the subsonic and have your low pass at around 80hz if you want.. some ppl do more and some dont. You might need to build a new box also. Did you build this one to the subs specs or is it prefab?

Definitely not prefab... Had it built to spec from sounds of tri state in Dover Delaware and it's very very similar to the one I had before, except the port is on drivers side now, and the inside of the box is fiberglassed

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

The frequency and which it sounded not so good was probably in the mid teens... Could it be that it's just way out of range compared to the box tuning? (32hz)

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

well at least you found out why the amp was going into protect mode. Now for the tuning side of it go around 5hz lower than your box tuning for the subsonic and have your low pass at around 80hz if you want.. some ppl do more and some dont. You might need to build a new box also. Did you build this one to the subs specs or is it prefab?

Definitely not prefab... Had it built to spec from sounds of tri state in Dover Delaware and it's very very similar to the one I had before, except the port is on drivers side now, and the inside of the box is fiberglassed

Also, how do I know where the filters and gains are set exactly to? The amp only has a minimum and maximum number for the filters/gains... Is it just a guessing game on if it's set correctly somewhere in the middle?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Holy poo mid teens lol thats pretty darn low yeah it might just sound like the sub is floating and up and down and just hear the mechanics of the sub.. And for the filters you can do this...lets say my LPF filter on the amp is 20hz to 250hz you just add those up so its would be 270hz and divide by 2 which would be 135hz. so that right there is the mid point between the 20hz and 250hz on the amps LPF. so than you can take the 135hz and add the 20hz to it so its 155hz and now divide that by 2 which is 77.5hz. so exactly between the 20hz and the135hz is 77hz.

Basically your finding the average of the numbers.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

20140506_143735_zps0whgmdvj.jpg

Here are the settings the audio shop has my gains and filters set to (bass boost is all the way down... Thought I'd mention that before someone thought it was up lol)

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

why is subsonic all the way down?

subsonic is not all the way down... It's over half way

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100