Second Skin Audio

The maximum ported airspace for a P3 15

SQL50

I know Rockford recommends 2.66 cu^ft for it, and I have a box right now at 3 cu^ft after all displacements and it does pretty well. But I'm considering adding a 2nd woofer and doubling the power, it's currently on a r500x1d and it's a legit amp for the price. So I thought just slapping a r1200 on it would do some justice. So what do you guys think about how much I can possibly give them? Their the 2011 models (newest out) thanks in advance.

That would work just fine I had 2 p3 12s on a r1200 and they went hard. Good match up for 2 600 rms subs, but I would stay with Rockford's recommended airspace though

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

So pretty much just duplicate what I did with the first one? That box is tuned around 35hz, I'm thinking about dropping it to 30ish, will that still work well with that airspace?

I know Rockford recommends 2.66 cu^ft for it, and I have a box right now at 3 cu^ft after all displacements and it does pretty well. But I'm considering adding a 2nd woofer and doubling the power, it's currently on a r500x1d and it's a legit amp for the price. So I thought just slapping a r1200 on it would do some justice. So what do you guys think about how much I can possibly give them? Their the 2011 models (newest out) thanks in advance.

6 cubes @ 1200W or so for the pair seems ok, just use your subsonic filter to protect the subs.

yes! drop that tune! 2 15s 1200ws 6ft box 30hz tune with 2 6inch aero Ports sounds pretty good to me! hows your electrical? your stock alt should handle the 1200w no prob but do you're big 3 and getting a good Bat under the hood would only help!

are your planning on getting a second r500x1 amp or are you gonna sell it and get the 1200x1? adding one would be cheaper but a Lil more of a pain to set the gain and eqs

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

• 1 month later...

I'm just going to get the r1200-1d, no I don't plan on selling the r500x1d. It's too good of an amp to get rid of, I love that little thing lol.. The box design I had in mind was a sub firing up, L port design firing to the rear. It's going in a jeep, and I've heard good reviews of that design in them, and suv's in general. The box I have right now is a typical L port box, 3/4 mdf, 35 hz tuning, after displacements it has right at 3 cubes, 45 sq in of port area (rf tech recommended 40 sq in) 2.75 in port opening. When we built it, we figured that it would do alright firing towards the front of the cab, the sub and port. I played around with it, and I got the most spl with it firing up. So I figured that and the port firing to the rear would give me the best results. But yeah, definitely. I want that low tuning, the spl should still be there and it should grab lows more potentially. 30 hz should sound awesome. But that's why I'm on here to get opinions on it so I can take what I know, and take what people already know and build an awesome setup. For what it is now, I'm happy, but adding another p3 15 and doubling the power should get me where I want with a lower tuning. I love lows yet I love spl, but I hate losing sq.

Archived