tayodell41 Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 I have 2 15" Big Shoks (same as Atomic ELE) that need reconed because of burnt leads that are burnt inside the cone. I plan on taking off the motors and putting them on either 12 or 15" Audioque baskets and using HDC3 recones to recone them. I drive a 2001 Toyota Camry and I'm trying to get the most dB's out as possible. I was thinking of doing a trunk(pony) wall with 12s but thought that 15s might be louder. Any help is appreciated.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 All else being equal, more cone area = more DeeBeez. As long as you can fit 15"s, then that's what I'd do. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 I don't think there's enough space for 2 15s there but post your max dims, if by any chance can be done you will need to build inside.
Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 I don't think there's enough space for 2 15s there but post your max dims, if by any chance can be done you will need to build in x2 Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted May 10, 2014 Report Posted May 10, 2014 Yah Max dimensions will be needed before you do anyting Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
tayodell41 Posted May 10, 2014 Author Report Posted May 10, 2014 I have a picture showing the trunk dimensions I just have yet to figure out how to upload pictures on here
tayodell41 Posted May 10, 2014 Author Report Posted May 10, 2014 http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/tayodell41/media/Vs625_zpsec95f894.jpg.html this is a link to the picture
Cj Kumz Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 Ok so using your 39 inches width, 17 inches height and 38 inches depth you will have roughly 12 cubes to mess around with. So on average that's enough for 2 15s (depending on your setup of course) So I would suggest either building a 4th order or just a ported box but firing the ports inside through the back inlet. I am not sure what your box specifications are for your subs (12s or 15s). And also what power will you be sending to the subs?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
tayodell41 Posted May 12, 2014 Author Report Posted May 12, 2014 Ok so using your 39 inches width, 17 inches height and 38 inches depth you will have roughly 12 cubes to mess around with. So on average that's enough for 2 15s (depending on your setup of course) So I would suggest either building a 4th order or just a ported box but firing the ports inside through the back inlet. I am not sure what your box specifications are for your subs (12s or 15s). And also what power will you be sending to the subs?? I think what I'm gonna do is recone my subs to 12s and seal them off from the trunk. I'll probably just give each sub about 3 cubic feet. After the recone they will take 2k each.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.