Second Skin Audio

12 cubes too big?

cheebs

12 cubes gross your good to go,should put you around 8-8.5 after displacement and a low tuned port.. 12 cubes net however is a shit ton of space. 2500rms per sub will be fine if you do not clip,that power will only come with no voltage drop and an uncommon enclosure that has little to no impedance rise. And no,you cant send 2500rms to a zv4 all day.maybe 30/45 mins before things get thermally out of hand,so make sure to give them time to cool after a full tilt session.

^that's what i said ; )
Sorry aj,i didnt see your post =). Hopefully he will take yhe professional advice.

all good, good advice is good advice.

and from reading his posts being a show trunk i don't think he's gonna go all HAM like we do! lol

it's been said enough now. I'm sure op gets it.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

10 cubes net isn't a scary number for those subs. The original 2 was a little bit.

Aj, your advice wasn't bad now that I look back on it. Using common sense, setting gain properly, keeping an ear and nose on the subs should work. I just originally saw BIG box, overpowering and was like noooooo! It really shouldn't be bad at all and should be doable.

Bandwidth is up in the air though, I'm curious as to what kind of range it will have. I mean a bass reflex box by design, really IS supposed to have a bump at tuning and fall off above and below technically anyway. We just get greedy in car audio and want a box that's ported and had HUGE frequency range. The bass reflex isn't truly designed to do that, an acoustic suspension enclosure is meant for those results.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

thanks i didnt think it was bad either.

i can say that the kid with the 18 i was referring To, his box is tuned at like 32-33hz and he has a major roll off anything above 40. he can kill the lies! and i mean slaughter them. but anything in the "spl".range isn't there.

i know there not really spl Subs to begin with. but if it was my subs my box (judging from his) id tune a lil higher to have a Lil more upper bass. say 35,337hz that should get Down in the high 20s in that big of a box. and hopefully get to or past the 45hz Area

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

12 cubes gross your good to go,should put you around 8-8.5 after displacement and a low tuned port.. 12 cubes net however is a shit ton of space. 2500rms per sub will be fine if you do not clip,that power will only come with no voltage drop and an uncommon enclosure that has little to no impedance rise. And no,you cant send 2500rms to a zv4 all day.maybe 30/45 mins before things get thermally out of hand,so make sure to give them time to cool after a full tilt session.

^that's what i said ; )
Sorry aj,i didnt see your post =). Hopefully he will take yhe professional advice.

all good, good advice is good advice.

and from reading his posts being a show trunk i don't think he's gonna go all HAM like we do! lol

it's been said enough now. I'm sure op gets it.

no i got what yall saying.

Archived