Need a few opinions, tranny issues.

My buddy also reccomended to check the park pin out. It is still grinding LOUDLY in gear. I'm going to try to get a quick video today.

I CAN shift in an out of park, but it makes the horrible grinding. The shifter itself is not stuck in park. The car just seems to not want to lock into park.

Will park pin cause the car not to move as well? Seems like it has no desire to move in D4, but I have not tried manually shifting it yet.

Skip to 33:40

Yup, that is deff. the noise I'm getting.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Might just be a linkage issue. Not sure how your car is setup but maybe a retaining clip or someyhing broke and the pin is stuck but not broke. Hard to say and I don't know if you have to pull the tranny to get to it. Odds are you will though

Edit grammar

Look at this in purely financial terms; new car notes run an average of $300 a month. Four months worth of a new car note will pay for that transmission replacement. Put the trans in, get another year out of the car, and save the money so you'll be closer to a new car purchase.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Damn man sounds like you got bad luck like me. Had dcthe same shit happen to me in my 97 hyundai Tiburon couple months back. Its a gamble fixing a car with high millage if something else is going to go orjust move on to something else and hoping it wont have problems have to weigh your options out. Start looking on Craigslist and look for local people selling cars. Just have a friend that is a mechanic go with you to check it out. Good luck man

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I'm leaning toward the tranny repair at this point. I just got my fingers crossed its only the transmission.

I'm going to get the video up when I get home in a bit.

Have not checked the drive shaft yet. I will do that asap.

I feel 1200 is somewhat reasonable. Sucks because when I bought the car the tranny was completely rebuilt

I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

1200 for a used one or a rebuild? If it's brand new that is a come up. I don't know how the prices are where you live but i know I can get a trans rebuilt for 700 and around 1200 for a certified used trans installed.

I should of specified a little more. I can get a rebuilt/used tranny for 700-800, with labor and installation it's going to be about 1200.

oh lawd.

Archived