Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

hdc3 15 in civic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking at making a new box for my sub. i have a massive audio 3000.1 powering a dual 2 ohm hdc3 15 copper coil in a 2007 civic 4 door. max size of the box is 16.5 high 30 wide and 26 deep. I'm thinking of sealing it off at the trunk also. what are your suggestions?

Posted

After sub, bracing and port displacement your at like 4.5 cubes total. If the Massive audio amp does rated at 4ohm it's perfect. At 1ohm that amp would be too mauch for that sub

5-11-20141-43-02AM_zps563c4b8a.jpg

Posted

Ok... For starters. The trunk of the 8th civic doesn't work out well with a 15. Ask me how I know?

16.5in is going to be just too tall for where you would like it to be to seal it off, 26in deep will work if you're planning to build the box in the car. Being that the car is a sedan I know for that you can fit at least 34in wide in the car. As That is what I have in my car.

I had an XFL 15" in the trunk of my civic and it just didn't work out well. It was too tall at 16.5in to make it even remotely easy to seal off. Ideally you want to be under that top lip and you just can't make it there with 16.5in height.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3181 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...