Need some advice, should I get it?

Only thing left to get on my PC build is my graphics cards. I was looking at the XFX R9 290's and they are 430 a piece right now. Just came across this, http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-4GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R929OC-4GD/dp/B00HS84DFU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1399957763&sr=1-2&keywords=290 on amazon and is 380. Looks to good to be true to me so want to see what some people think?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 4 weeks later...

I think you should get a 780 GTX for that money, that is, if you're just planning on doing gaming.

I've had both cards over the years and the nvidia ones have just been easier on me. As much as I love compitition to drive innovation, you just cant beat it right now. The R290 was supposed to be the "Titan Killer". In reality its not even close. Now if you're just doing hardcore number crunching, crypto, bitcoin, and passcracking the ATI is faster. Everything else, nvidia beats it.

I think you should get a 780 GTX for that money, that is, if you're just planning on doing gaming.

I've had both cards over the years and the nvidia ones have just been easier on me. As much as I love compitition to drive innovation, you just cant beat it right now. The R290 was supposed to be the "Titan Killer". In reality its not even close. Now if you're just doing hardcore number crunching, crypto, bitcoin, and passcracking the ATI is faster. Everything else, nvidia beats it.

Lol a few weeks to late lmao. I already got them. I am doing gaming and video editing mainly. These things are working like champs so I am happy. Can play pretty much any game fully maxed out, even in eyefinity. Dont ever go above 80C in any game either on air. Have yet to OC anything yet though. I was going to OC these cards a bit and see if it effects game performance. I am not one for having a cool 3DMark score, because in reality, it's just a I have a bigger penis than your's competition when it comes to that. I game, I record it, and I edit it. That 3DMark number will make no difference there.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

80C is REALLY hot. Mines on air and I get nervous when it creeps to 60. lol!

I have been doing a lot of research and the boards they used for the R9 290's are hot naturally. I hit 98C when the cards where next to eachother once. Then I averaged around 90C. I moved the second down a slot and now it's way better. Most people that I talked to who had these cards, they are always in the 70-80C range. Mine only started to throttle after 94C

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

get dual titans :wacky:

Already got them lol. I think I will try Nvidia in the future. This haswell should be good for a while, and my ram for even longer. Can't say the same for gfx cards though, feel like they advance faster.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm