soundstream15 Posted May 13, 2014 Report Posted May 13, 2014 So my current set up, I'm sealed off in my grand am. 6" areoport in the middle. I am building a new box bc I'm just gonna fire towards trunk. A lot easier and honestly I'll gain bc grand ams don't seem good for sealing off. So! My current box is fiberglassed in and that so I can't really save the box to turn it around or if I did the port would be 3" from trunk lid. That not work. Ok here is my question! I'm gonna have 2 4" ports. Daily 34hz and spl 42hz should I have them on driver side or in the middle? Idk if that matters
Neckbeard Posted May 13, 2014 Report Posted May 13, 2014 To my understanding...Drivers side: passenger seat meters betterPassenger Side: Drivers seat meters betterMiddle: Not necessarily the best of both worlds Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
n8ball2013 Posted May 13, 2014 Report Posted May 13, 2014 Why cant you just cut the fiberglass and sand it down. If you can get the box out you should he able to THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
soundstream15 Posted May 13, 2014 Author Report Posted May 13, 2014 Well I was gonna take a sledge hammer to it lol But if I can save the box and be able to fire it towards trunk I will. If 3" from trunk lid is ok. Then I will do that.
soundstream15 Posted May 13, 2014 Author Report Posted May 13, 2014 So would 3-4" from trunk lid be fine?
n8ball2013 Posted May 13, 2014 Report Posted May 13, 2014 You might choke your port some THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
soundstream15 Posted May 13, 2014 Author Report Posted May 13, 2014 I don't want to choke it. I'll build a new one that's no biggie smalls
soundstream15 Posted May 13, 2014 Author Report Posted May 13, 2014 What about porting the side of the box and having subs firing in cabin. ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.