94 Ford Beast-350 OBS CCLB - Motor is done, need to sell, questions-please help

And then lastly, a look at the gasket.

1500820_645212558921211_3357344417332170

10357696_645212585587875_467943184174662

The top right tab area, is the under side of the gasket where it failed.

10750405_645212605587873_477053071410603

10679764_645212628921204_383085233886651

10841997_645212635587870_798098295760245

The whole thing is pretty worn.

So there you have it. That's as far as I've gotten, and that's the way it's been sitting for the last couple of months. Next up is to get the passenger side head off. once I've done that I'll clean them both and the pistons and start putting it back together. I'll need to order some parts too, timing chain set, new timing cover, new water pump divider, and some other things.

I can't wait to start getting her back together!

THat's all! Thanks for tuning in again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Little update for you. So I admit I've been pretty lazy lately. I've not done much on anything. Brain has been working overtime, but the body hasn't been willing. However, I got my cast of the week of Christmas, and I'm back at feeling pretty good. Still not 100%, and I'm sure a day of being on a ladder I'll be pretty sore, but it's time to get back to it. The reason I'm kicking it into gear, is because I cannot do anything to my newer truck until this is up and running and sold. So, my priorities have shifted.

Yesterday, I got online and picked up a few parts that I know I'm going to need to get her done. New timing cover, water pump back plate, timing gear set, a complete ARP bolt set basically replacing all of the bolts I've taken off thus far, new harmonic balancer, new spark plugs, and a couple of new oil filters. There are some hoses I'm going to need, like for the vacuum replacement tubes, and a couple of lower hoses as well that got cut off because they were so stiff and coroded and hard to get off I just said eff it.

SO, next up, I'm going ot pick up a couple of brass wire brush wheels for my air grinder, and some parts cleaner, and start getting the head and block on the driver side cleaned up. Going to also grab some chemicals for the injectors, and since I have them out, get those cleaned up.

Then once that's all done, I'll get the driver side on and buttoned up, and then get moved over to the passenger side and do it all over again. I'm hoping that by the end of the month she'll be up and running.

So tomorrow I start back up. Maybe tonight depending on what's going on. So i should have some pictures to post up by sunday night.

If I was you, I would run a straight edge across those heads to make sure they are flat. I send out all my head to get resurfaced that way I dont have to worry about a gasket issue

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I will. I just really hope they're not warped. ALthough I guess if they were fine maybe I wouldn't have had an issue in the first place. I don't really want to pay a bunch for a head job...........wait.................automotive head job. I'd pay for the other lmao!!

No I'm not going to cut corners on it. I'll do it right. I'm just crossing fingers and hoping. THanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I have a little update. No pics yet, i didn't get a chance to get them uploaded last night.

So to start off I made a dumb stupid move, and forgot to cover up the motor last time I worked on it. I mean, the hood is on it, but recall the grill is off, leaving the front completely exposed. So I lifted the hood for the first time in a month or so, to find that the cylinders on the driver side where I already removed that head, were rusted a little bit. But number 8 cylider is a mess. SO I'm going to have to do some serious cleaning there. Some added work after a stupid move. Well, live and learn I guess.

So after vacuuming out the valley, with the leaves etc that were in there, I also checked to make sure there were no leaves or anything in the cam shaft area, and the plugged the holes with some shop towels.

I also managed to remove the passenger side head yesterday. I got all of the smog equipment out of the way, hoses, brackets, etc. AND BY THE WAY, I want to know who the asshat was at Ford who decided to bolt 3 different brackets in on the back side of the head!! Don't make it easy and bolt it to the block or anything, or heaven forbid make a bracket the bolts to the top of the head or block or header that could easily be removed!! No no, let's put them on the back side of the head where there's maybe 2 - 3 inches to work with and anyone with reasonably large hands can't get into!! EFFERS!!! I managed to get them off, but what a pain in the ass!! And I have no clue on how I'm going to be able to get them back on. LIke I said, my hands barely fit in there, let alone fit in there with enough movement and leverage to get them screwed in so I can get a wrench in there. Going to be interesting!!

So passenger side head is off, and sitting next to the driver side head on my workbench. Not sure if you all recall, but #7 on the driver side head was pretty black and gummy. Well #4 on the passenger side head is that way, and I also found that on the top rear of the gasket, above #4 in the corner, there was a big area where there was oil or sludge that was completely covering the corner. May very well have been a breach there as well. However, I don't see any signs on the block, nor in the valley that there was for sure. Nothing on the firewall either. So I don't know, and of course, because I didn't think about it and that's not where the problem was presumed to be, I didn't do a compression check on it. So I have no idea if that was also a problem or not.

What I did notice, is that right away when I pulled the valve cover off of the passenger side, it seemed way more gunky than the driver side. I found the head that same way as well. Maybe it's just because I haven't dealt with the other side in a while and they may have been the same way, but it just seems like to memory the passenger side is worse than the driver side.

I did check the driver side head for warpage and I do have some. I went straight to the max tollerance for Ford Spec which is .006 and i found that between 5 - 6, and 6 - 7 it slid right through. Actually the worst part was between 5 and 6 which I found interesting since the hotter cylinder was #7. But maybe that's just my lack of knowlege. So either way it needs to be taken care of. More money damn it. SO I emailed a place that a friend of mine highly recommended to see what their cost was to just take care of them completely, valves, springs, machining the heads, cleaning them and putting them back together. But also I'm checking to see what the cost would be for me to strip them as well, and just have them clean up the heads. Money is going to be an issue, since really I'm just trying to get it running again nicely so that we can sell it. Sadly. So the less we can spend, the better, or at least that's my wife's thought.

I'll aso be cleaning up the injectors as well. I ordered a rebuild kit for them today and as soon as I get that in, I'll get them soaking in the B-12 Chem bath. Lastly I sent back the bolts I bought for the heads. I thought I was getting replacement stock headbolts but they were made by Trickflow. Again, learning lesson. They were specifically for their heads, which I'm not buying. So, I sent those back today, and then they'll send me the Edelbrock ones that are for stock replacement.

Things are moving, and getting interesting. We'll see what the next couple of weeks holds. I'll try and get pictures up tonight as well.

To much reading

Little rust is normal.. Just fill the cylinders with ATF or oil while it sits and working on it.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I know, you all love pictures, as do I. Just was hoping to give some breakdown of what was going on before I posted pics tonight.

I wish this was a little rust. That #8 cylinder is pretty bad. The rest aren't too bad, #7 is going to take some love, but 8 is the worst. I'll see about doing that, putting some fluid in it.

Question: Is there a way to flush the motor out after I do all this? Meaning, there are going to be other fluids in there from being exposed right? Engine Cleaner, whatever fluids I put in there to help clean out the cylinders, etc. So do I just fill it with oil, and then run it for a few days after that, and then change the oil out? Is that basically the only way to do it? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

I dunno if its dumb either....but thats what I would do haha...have done. I mean you may have ment it but probably change filter along with the oil when you flush it all out....I'm sure it was implied but...just sayin :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Oh yes, I'd for sure be doing that. Thanks for the heads up though.

Still waiting to hear back from the machine shop. I'll call them today.

I got pics uploaded on Facebook this morning, but didn't get a chance to upload them to here. I'll see if I can move my stupidity pictures over so you guys can see what I did. SMH.

Archived