94 Ford Beast-350 OBS CCLB - Motor is done, need to sell, questions-please help

I don't know if it's that or not. It wasn't that expensive, so I'm guessing not. I got it on RockAuto.com. But it's supposed to be better than the other two so I figured if I have all 3 I should be golden! LOL The only thing better than those would be digital versions for my tablet!

Thanks guys.

Well here's where I'm at. I haven't lifted a wrench yet, but I have parts on the way. New gasket kit, adn going to replace the water pump, and the Ignition Control Module. I know the other douchebag already replaced it but he did it with a grey one and not a black one. The first thing I'll be doing is replacing that and see if that does anything different, but we're almost positive it's the head gasket. So that will get done too, I just want to see the ICM first.

So those parts should be here soon as well as a couple of ford tech books. Not the chilton or haynes manuals, but the garage tech book. So I'll have that to add to my reference collection.

I am going to fight to keep this thing guys. I truly am. But it may be a loosing battle. WE shall see. I'm not giving up yet.

I'll leave it up to you guys, but do you want to see pics of the tear down and replacement or not? Either way is fine with me. I'll let you all decide.

Those gigantic offical shop manuals? I have one for my 86 Bronco II.

http://www.booksofparadise.net/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=8747

The dealership my dad works for bought out another dealership in Ardmore a few years back, we have a few cases of those Ford Service manuals. Most 79-96ish though. Pre-OBD2.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Thanks guys.

Well here's where I'm at. I haven't lifted a wrench yet, but I have parts on the way. New gasket kit, adn going to replace the water pump, and the Ignition Control Module. I know the other douchebag already replaced it but he did it with a grey one and not a black one. The first thing I'll be doing is replacing that and see if that does anything different, but we're almost positive it's the head gasket. So that will get done too, I just want to see the ICM first.

So those parts should be here soon as well as a couple of ford tech books. Not the chilton or haynes manuals, but the garage tech book. So I'll have that to add to my reference collection.

I am going to fight to keep this thing guys. I truly am. But it may be a loosing battle. WE shall see. I'm not giving up yet.

I'll leave it up to you guys, but do you want to see pics of the tear down and replacement or not? Either way is fine with me. I'll let you all decide.

Those gigantic offical shop manuals? I have one for my 86 Bronco II.

http://www.booksofparadise.net/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=8747

The dealership my dad works for bought out another dealership in Ardmore a few years back, we have a few cases of those Ford Service manuals. Most 79-96ish though. Pre-OBD2.

I would be interested in any 1992-1995 F-150 ones!

Let me know if you would like to sell me a set!

Ok guys here's the deal. I dont' want to just keep chatting on here, but I do want to make sure and get you guys updates.

I spoke with the wife last night and I kind of just conceded to a new truck. Meaning, I'm going to wait until her new car, whatever the hell she decides to get, is paid off. So I've got at least a year or two before I start talking new trucks. What I conceded to, is that the civic is getting traded in, and I'm getting the accord. I don't really want it, but at the same time, I have a strategy. I'm going to start working on the truck and getting it all fixed. Then she'll be running like new again. Once that happens I'll be keeping it until said payoff. So, I'll drive the accord to work, and the truck will go in the back in front of the shop, but for this build this time, not engine work!

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm back in the saddle on this one, and the build will commence as planned. Well for the most part. A few changes are going to happen, but I'll get to that when it's time.

That's the latest, other than I have parts coming in already. So as soon as my back is healed up, oh yeah that. I threw my back out Thursday morning and have been drugged up and waiting for my chiropractor to come back on monday. SO no work this weekend even though I have my parts now. Can't be hovering over an engine bay with a locked up back. I can barely get off the couch right now. Probably should loose some weight, I'm sure that doesn't help, but it is what it is.

Ok there you go, there's the latest. I'll start posting pics etc when I get started on the truck.

Feel better man...lve been to point where I cant walk with out nasty shooting pains going up and down my back and neck....several times so heal up and I hope to see some progress in the next few weeks.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Thanks bud. I see my chiropractor tomorrow afternoon, and I'm sure 2 or 3 more times this week. She'll have me up and running in no time. As soon as I can bend over without feeling like someone has shoved a knife in my kidney area, I'll be back at it. Thanks for the support man.

Feel better brotha, glad to hear you get to keep this beast. One of my favorite Ford body styles ever, looking forward to pictures.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

Ok well this project is coming to an end. I still have to change the head gaskets in it, but it's 100% getting sold now. I am in the process of getting a 06 F250 Lariat with the 6.0L Power Stroke in it. I have plans for it already.

This was just not meant to happen and since my wife has taken it upon herself to declare it a necessity to get me another truck, I'll just go with it. I actually had one of these in 06, except mine was a long bed and this is a short bed, but I loved it. SO it is what it is. I will be doing something in it, I will have a plan actually I do have a plan, but I think this time I'll keep it under wraps until I get started with it.

I can still document the engine tear down if you guys want, it may help someone in the future. Otherwise I'll just put this to an end. It's up to you guys. Going to be starting on that soon now that my back is good again.

sorry bro, at the same time...diesel....enough said lol!

Excited for another diesel to join the forum...in that sense I am happy :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived