Sundown Audio

When setting gain ?

Skax

Also could the volume offset have played a difference in this ? I had it at -8 and turned it to -2 since it still stays unclipped at -2 but the ct

125.4 was to much for my current door speakers lol

Who told you to leave the lc1 halfway? Volume off set on Kenwood decks is made for lowering or increasing the internal amp level. If you are using stock or lower end speakers hooked up to the internal amp, but want to turn your deck to high levels and they distort you can turn the offset down. It has separate levels for tuner, cd and shit more.

Say DD1 volume on the deck is 32, but the internal amp and stock speaker distort at 27 cause they can't handle the power. Turn the Volume off set down

And tune external amp at 32 on the deck. This is the way kenwood intended it

Change opening how to who

dd1 manual also says turn half way but my ct 125.4 is to much for my current door speakers and i tuned it at -2 volume offset but forgot and tuned my sub amp at -8 offset so should i do both at -2 or sub amp at 0 and mid/high amp at -2?

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

dd1 manual also says turn half way but my ct 125.4 is to much for my current door speakers and i tuned it at -2 volume offset but forgot and tuned my sub amp at -8 offset so should i do both at -2 or sub amp at 0 and mid/high amp at -2?

The volume offset is for the internal amp on Kenwood decks it should be set to 0 in your case. The sub level should be set all the way up. On Kenwood decks it changes the RCA voltage the more RCA voltage the better in this case and less gain on the amp. The manual states the bass knob should be half way, but I'd go turn all the way up just to be safe.

Now for your door speakers getting too much power. You have an amp more powerful than your mids, so turn the gain down til they quit distorting. The DD1 is for getting the max clean signal in your case the mids and high amp doesn't need to be at max cause it's too powerful for your mids. DD1 the deck and bass amp. And check the mids amp isn't distorting when you lower the gain. It really shouldn't cause your turning it down.

Check to make sure you set your levels on the amps and deck like the manual states. It's seems like a good idea to me cause a lot of your setting were off, and retune all equipment with the DD1.

The volume offset is for the internal amp on Kenwood decks it should be set to 0 in your case. The sub level should be set all the way up. On Kenwood decks it changes the RCA voltage the more RCA voltage the better in this case and less gain on the amp. The manual states the bass knob should be half way, but I'd go turn all the way up just to be safe.

Now for your door speakers getting too much power. You have an amp more powerful than your mids, so turn the gain down til they quit distorting. The DD1 is for getting the max clean signal in your case the mids and high amp doesn't need to be at max cause it's too powerful for your mids. DD1 the deck and bass amp. And check the mids amp isn't distorting when you lower the gain. It really shouldn't cause your turning it down.

Check to make sure you set your levels on the amps and deck like the manual states. It's seems like a good idea to me cause a lot of your setting were off, and retune all equipment with the DD1.

ok the problem I'm running into now is when setting gain of sub amp it distorts with gain all the way down ..

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived