So do I. I've always got a partial gallon of resin and MEKP.

I can't wait to see the next box you build. You've come to a place with plenty of knowledge and help if you need it.

Hell yeah. well tomorrow I'll have just about everything i need to go ahead and get this next build going and completed. Once I start I'll create a build thread, and will DEFINITELY ask if I have any doubt, that way I don't eat a ton of shit haha.

believe half of what you see and none of what you hear lol.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 18" RE Sx Dual 4 ohm wired parallel to 2 ohms

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

Hell ya man! glad you decided to take on the challenge to rebuild and do it right. We have all been there and most hear try not to be a ahole but it happens. Most of us really want others to get it right and help one another as much as possible.

Personal experience: my first box looked good but tuned to high (49 hz, Fucked up on the aero port lengths). Second box designed by a great guy on this forum and tuned properly. Sounds amazing and made a huge difference. Make a build log and tell us how much better it is when you finish.

03lancerupgrade3029_zps0a4996d0.jpg

First box: T1D412 powered off a T1500.

Subupgrade2014013_zpsae966458.jpg

Second box: 2 HDS310's on T1500. The lowes on a 35 hz box is way better than what i had before. And SQ subs are a great sub for there price.

Good luck man & keep us posted on your progress.

Well I just figured my dimensions for the box I tend to build for my sealed trunk isn't going to work for clearance reasons, even if I chop a little here and there on the sheet metal haha. SO CONFUSED, I honestly don't think I should change my plans and make it a wall just for ONE 18....or am I just being naive, is it even worth it to wall 1 18?

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

Trunk builds can be a bitch. I wanted large drivers but still wanted the box removable. I had considered 2 Fi Q's seales but i knew i would like ported better and after months of research and pondering i decided smaller drivers on high power in a small box would work best. My box is a hair over 3 qubes due to a very small trunk and opening.

You just have to decided whats best and what you have room for. Small car trunk builds can be a bitch, unless you wall it! Good luck man!

Thanks brother! Well these Taurus' have fairly huge trunks haha, I once had a box just over 6 cubes in it, this one is planned to be a hair over 7 cubes. Tomorrow I'm off work and will have everything in from shipment so I'll have a better idea of what my choices are. As for now, I'm getting some shuteye haha big day tomorrow, THE BUILD BEGINS! WOOHOO! Thank you everyone who has given input and answered some of the questions i have asked, as well as the ones I didn't. See ya'll in the build thread!!

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

Archived