Second Skin Audio

Which Subs for my enclosure??? AA or FI

KWP123

Ok so I have designed the biggest enclosure I can possibly fit into my Scion tC while retaining the backseats (pics to follow)... My question is should I go with (2) Fi BL 12's fully loaded or (2) Ascendant Audio Mayhem 12's fully loaded. I've looked everywhere and I can't find anywhere the enclosure area needed for a ported AA box.... What I have right now is 7.53cuft total and 5.04cuft net (after port/sub/bracing displacement) The Fi's call for 1.5-2.5cuft so x2subs I will need 3-5cuft (I'm sitting right at 5.04 (PERFECT)) port area is at 71in^2 and for a 5cuft I need anywhere from 60-80in^2 (12-16x5cuft). so I'm right in the middle for that. (If i widen my port I have to lengthen it to stay at 32Hz and I don't want to go much longer as I already have 1 bend). Will somebody please look at my math and tell me I am doing this right (I have never done something this large before and I have self taught myself over the past month learning how to design and tune a box, so if I have all this jacked the fuck up please somebody tell me).

So my question is this. I have designed this box to work with 2 Fi BL 12's which are rated at 1500rms each... I planned on running those on a Sundown SAZ-3500D V2. But I have found the AA Mayhem's and they are 2500rms so I could buy those and push them with a Sundown SAZ-5000D or possibly the Sundown NS-1 (6500rms) if somebody can tell me the Mayhem's will take 6500rms :)

So would my box with it's current enclosure design allow me to run the Mayhem's (as I can't find any enclosure area for them).

Also would it be worth running the Mayhem's over the Fi BL's as I know that I'll be pushing more power to them and also the Mayhem's have 30mm xmas vs the Fi BL's at only 18mm xmas.

Tuningv3.png

Front.png

SidePortView1.png

BoxAngle.png

it all depends on what you want.. if you want a clean sounding system go with the Fi Q or the AA havoc.. if you just want to get loud get the AA mayhem or the Fi BL. Mayhem will get louder but the bass is not as accurate as the Q or Havocs

edit.. its Xmax not xmas.. its not Christmas you know

Archived