Sonic Electronix

Add an amp or Change my speakers

So I have some Rockford fosgate p1683 speakers in my front doors and I had some questions. Would it be better for me to add an amp to them or swap out the speakers for another pair. I was looking at some hertz audio dsk 165.3 but I might get the DCX165.3 instead, I don't really know where I would install the tweeters and they are cheaper. I am also looking for a little bit of midbass and want to know what solution would give me the best upgrade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

What vehicle? what are you goals? I install P1683 in a Ford ranger. 4 speakers off a PBR300x4 tuned with a DD-1 and a R1slime 10" off a punch 300x1 and the truck has great sound. Pioneer App radio 3rd gen. Speakers take the power nicely and sound good. I did deaden and seal the doors really good also so i know that helped big time. Proper install beats quality out everytime.

What vehicle? what are you goals? I install P1683 in a Ford ranger. 4 speakers off a PBR300x4 tuned with a DD-1 and a R1slime 10" off a punch 300x1 and the truck has great sound. Pioneer App radio 3rd gen. Speakers take the power nicely and sound good. I did deaden and seal the doors really good also so i know that helped big time. Proper install beats quality out everytime.

I have a 2004 ford explorer. I'm running RF 1683 in all the doors off of a pioneer deh-80prs. I would like to deaden the doors some but I wouldn't want to spend too much money. I have heard that that adding an external amp "wakes up" the midbass more. I have also heard many awesome reviews about the hearts audio speakers but I don't know where to install the tweeters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

So I have some Rockford fosgate p1683 speakers in my front doors and I had some questions. Would it be better for me to add an amp to them or swap out the speakers for another pair. I was looking at some hertz audio dsk 165.3 but I might get the DCX165.3 instead, I don't really know where I would install the tweeters and they are cheaper. I am also looking for a little bit of midbass and want to know what solution would give me the best upgrade.

Aftermarket Head units do not have enough power to push upgraded speakers if you are trying to get some punch...adding an amp will achieve what you are looking for....find a amp that matches your speakers rms...

Archived