MrEwubbsZ Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Alright... i need some help on this. Im finally hooking up my Kick panels. Sorry for posting this again but I need some help. I think i understand how the crossovers work but here is my question. On the super tweeters they came with this soldered on the postive. (Im assuming its a crossover) Do i need to cut that off if im going to use these. And do i need the MB Quart crossovers if i hook each speaker up to its own channel? If I hook each speaker to their own channel do I need the MB Quart crossover? 2000 Ranger Build Log
youngbass98 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 I would leave the bass blocker on the tweeter just to be safe but you could take it off if you wanted and if you have the crossover I would just set the amps crossover to high pass at like 100 hz Edit: or high pass at 80 hz because that is the only option your amp gives 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
MrEwubbsZ Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 Alright thanks man I appreciate the help. 2000 Ranger Build Log
gr8handogoatness Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Since your amp doesn't give you to ability to adjust it's internal crossover enough to go active you may want to look at bridging the channels and running the passive crossover. Remove the capacitor and run the tweet and mid off of you crossover. The bridge 2 channels and run them to the input on the crossover. Set the amp to high pass at 80
MrEwubbsZ Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 Since your amp doesn't give you to ability to adjust it's internal crossover enough to go active you may want to look at bridging the channels and running the passive crossover. Remove the capacitor and run the tweet and mid off of you crossover. The bridge 2 channels and run them to the input on the crossover. Set the amp to high pass at 80 Nice! Thanks for the break down. 2000 Ranger Build Log
Jessica Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 better check what those tweeters range is and see what the mb quart crossover point is. make sure its not too low for the tweeter. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
OrionStang Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 80hz HP on a tweeter? Ouch. They aren't going to be happy. What kind of filters does your head unit have? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
MrEwubbsZ Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 better check what those tweeters range is and see what the mb quart crossover point is. make sure its not too low for the tweeter. I'll look into the crossover point for the mb quarts. 80hz HP on a tweeter? Ouch. They aren't going to be happy. What kind of filters does your head unit have? Head unit is a pioneer AVH-P3200DVD. Doesn't look like I can control the high pass filter to a specific channel or amp. 2000 Ranger Build Log
truthsayer Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Do not remove the crossover (bass blocker) from the tweeter. It will not hurt anything leaving it on, in fact it will only help. That crossover is matched for the tweeter. truthsayer
MrEwubbsZ Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 So as long as I leave the bass blocked on the tweeter I should be ok? I'm having a hard time finding any info on my MB quart crossovers. 2000 Ranger Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.