help with voltage

sup guys need some help. im running 3 mechman 340s all externally regulated by the blue boxes that mechman sells, with 2 being designated for charging at 16v. the two that im using for 16v have their own blue box regulator. and my 12v that runs the car has its own. now for the problem. i cant get the 16v alts to regulate properly. with my voltage control knob i have it all the way turned down, and my 16v battery bank sits around 17v flat with the truck running. so i turn the knob up slowly and keep checking to see if theres any change in the battery bank. theres no change whatsoever for the first few small turns. so i turn just a little more and then it goes straight past 18 and into the 19s. ive emailed mechman twice in 2 weeks with no response and both their numbers aren't working for some reason. so i figured ill just run my amps at 17v till i get a hold of mechman to see whats going on. so i plug in my sundown ns1 and two 125.4s today for the first time ever on 16v. both are fine when key is turned to just before the start position, everything is sitting around 16.7 to 16.9 and all the speakers are playing fine. so i start the truck up and notice the belt squeel is louder then usual and not going away with a little rev of the engine that usually takes care of it. i immediately check the voltage on my ns1 and it was going anywhere from 18.5 all the way to 20v with just a small push on the gas pedal, so i turn it off right away. WTF is going on with my shit?? i checked my regulator knob and its still turned ALL the way down. yesterday before i plugged in my amps the battery bank was low 17s with the truck running and i could give it a full on rev and it wouldnt budge 0.1 on the meter. today i plug in the 3 amps with my knob still all the way down, and boom 19v, 20v here i come. i thought maybe the regulator box took a shit on me maybe but it still reads 12v when truck is on so.... anybody got any ideas here? i could use some help. sorry for the long post. thanks!!

Question.. Where do those batts rest?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

they rest anywhere from 16.7 to 17.0 depending when last charged them. the bank consists of 6 xs power xp1000s which are about 2 to 3 months old and never had a load on them before. always threw my charger on them and topped off the bank every 2 to 3 weeks.

the times that i was trying to set the voltage with the adjustable knob and it didnt budge, i thought maybe the alts werent even on and putting out power because with the car running it would still be about 17v flat. but then they did come on for sure because it ended up moving waaaayyy past which i need it to be. into mid 19s and close to 20v with only a 1k rev of the engine.

i ordered a different external regulator and am gonna try it. since MECHMAN cant return one fucking email in 2 weeks. ill keep everyone updated, maybe this one will actually work properly on multiple alts, not like these shitty blue ones that give nothing but hassle.

Archived