Second Skin Audio

1.50 cubicfeet box

yea that alpine does 1100w @2 and 800w @1

there terrible at 1ohm

i have been beating on my rs for over a year, the newer 1k. they are still stiff and more or less perfect. saying they blow because people clip them is just... well pointless. i hook a team fi up to a 1000w amp clip the hell out of it and blow it in a day.

when i had my single r on 2 jl 500/1 in a 2.7 box it was louder and sounded better then any kid around me. weather they had 2 jl w3s, mtx 7500s or whatever i put them to Shane. it Was so loud it hurt, would even make my cds skip on hard drops. never seen a sq sub do anything like that. since then I've had 2 rs on 2 strapped ct 1400.1 @.5 on each amp. the subs still take it. 2 days ago i wired them to 4ohm because voltage drop was to much. now at 2ohms each i have no drop!

there good subs that like big boxes and low tunes! a 12 should be in a 2.5 box at 30hz a ten should be in a 1.5-2.0ft box tuned somewhere between 32/36hz I've owned almost every gen and size r i know the subs very well and know what they do and don't like.

but I'm just some guy on a forum so i wouldn't listen to me either

All im saying,is a rockford p3 can go through clip city for a long time compared to an alpine type r. im not saying they are bad. But man i install a wide ass variety of woofers daily. And its a shame to see what comes back blown. I could care less for both woofers anyway. They dont make the "sq" cut lol.

Archived