Second Skin Audio

1.50 cubicfeet box

I have a 1.50 cubic feet box tuned to 36hz should I go with a single 10" or 12". I was looking at the alpine type r because its not very expensive I do not wish to spend more than $150. My amp will do 800rms without clipping @1ohm maybe a little bit more. This will be going in a ext cab truck. Thanks

1.5 cf is too much for most 10s in that price range. A 12 will be better suited for that box, in fact check out a thread by SkarAudio on here about a moving sale ...big discounts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187440-skar-audio-moving-sale-cleaning-house-52214/

not True! well not when it comes to rs! the New r 12 do the best in 2.5 boxes! tens would do great in that box... id even go bigger!

also is your 800w @1ohm amp the alpine mrp 1100.1 if so don't run it at 1ohm. I've had nothing but issues with that amp @1 hell my old Jensen 500w @4ohm was louder then that alpine at 1ohm! I'm not kidding!

but as far as rs and I'm.onlytalking about rs here,they do there best in big.. huge bboxes! id put a 8inch r in a 1.5 box and i bet it would slam!

they will take a Lil.more then rated as well. i own 3 and 3 of my boys have them. i know the subs really well. one of the subs are in a 1.7 box right now and the exact same sub on almost less power in the 2.5 box thumps all over the smaller box.... with more power. get the ten man trust me.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I used to really like the typeR's back when they were rated at 600? Rms.

We sell the new 1kw r's every other day and they keep coming back blown because our customers always try to crank the gains up. Not to talk bad about the r's,but the ferrofluid boils way to easy when clipped. Not bad for a 200$ sub IMO,they even sound decent. however there is a reason it is a cheap 1kw sub. Btw, alpine made the higher power amps like that for a reason,at the time all of the woofers they produced were reccomended in a small enclosure, when you have a small enclosure the cone is most likely to excurt less,when this happens you usually have a higher impedance curve,your 1 ohm type r raising to two ohms will give you more power on that amp compared to an amp that does maximum power at 1 ohm rising to two ohms.

personally i wouldnt put a 12 in there. i'd go with 2 of soudqubeds new hds200 8s which would be a great match for that airspace/tuning. Or a hds200 or hds300 10, both will perform well in that airspace.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

We sell the new 1kw r's every other day and they keep coming back blown because our customers always try to crank the gains up. Not to talk bad about the r's,but the ferrofluid boils way to easy when clipped. Not bad for a 200$ sub IMO,they even sound decent. however there is a reason it is a cheap 1kw sub. Btw, alpine made the higher power amps like that for a reason,at the time all of the woofers they produced were reccomended in a small enclosure, when you have a small enclosure the cone is most likely to excurt less,when this happens you usually have a higher impedance curve,your 1 ohm type r raising to two ohms will give you more power on that amp compared to an amp that does maximum power at 1 ohm rising to two ohms.

Well the amp is rated for 1000@rms but it distorts and clips to much at 1k so 800 is a very clean signal and it will not clip. If you have a suggestion for a $150 sub that would be nice pm me.

Well the amp is rated for 1000@rms but it distorts and clips to much at 1k so 800 is a very clean signal and it will not clip. If you have a better idea for a $150 sub than let me know.

Honestly if your set on the type r then go for it ,just be sure to set your gains correctly. Go with the 12 if the NET airspace is 1.5cubic feet. If the whole box itself is 1.5 then go with a 10. Its against forum rules to compare a woofer of my choice to yours but your welcome to pm me.

yea that alpine does 1100w @2 and 800w @1

there terrible at 1ohm

i have been beating on my rs for over a year, the newer 1k. they are still stiff and more or less perfect. saying they blow because people clip them is just... well pointless. i hook a team fi up to a 1000w amp clip the hell out of it and blow it in a day.

when i had my single r on 2 jl 500/1 in a 2.7 box it was louder and sounded better then any kid around me. weather they had 2 jl w3s, mtx 7500s or whatever i put them to Shane. it Was so loud it hurt, would even make my cds skip on hard drops. never seen a sq sub do anything like that. since then I've had 2 rs on 2 strapped ct 1400.1 @.5 on each amp. the subs still take it. 2 days ago i wired them to 4ohm because voltage drop was to much. now at 2ohms each i have no drop!

there good subs that like big boxes and low tunes! a 12 should be in a 2.5 box at 30hz a ten should be in a 1.5-2.0ft box tuned somewhere between 32/36hz I've owned almost every gen and size r i know the subs very well and know what they do and don't like.

but I'm just some guy on a forum so i wouldn't listen to me either

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage