Sundown Audio

Hey fellas i recently bought this amp and when i hook it up it turns on and works great...until i turn it up for roughly 3-5 minutets on a heavy bassed song it goes into protect. The gain is only roughly 1/4-1/3 up. No bass boost from deck or amp. I'm running Stinger HPM 3 rca's to the amp and have the ran down passanger side of vehicle with my power wires are on the driver side. I have performed my Big 3 have 2 runs of Zero front to back(1 neg 1 pos) XS power D925 under the hood and a XS D2400 in the trunk. Currently pushing 2 DC lvl 2 12's at 2 ohm load. Any ideas what could be going on?

2000 Cavalier 4 door
XS D925
XS D2400
XS D3100
4 runs of 1/0
Mechman 270

2 DD 9515js

Hey fellas i recently bought this amp and when i hook it up it turns on and works great...until i turn it up for roughly 3-5 minutets on a heavy bassed song it goes into protect. The gain is only roughly 1/4-1/3 up. No bass boost from deck or amp. I'm running Stinger HPM 3 rca's to the amp and have the ran down passanger side of vehicle with my power wires are on the driver side. I have performed my Big 3 have 2 runs of Zero front to back(1 neg 1 pos) XS power D925 under the hood and a XS D2400 in the trunk. Currently pushing 2 DC lvl 2 12's at 2 ohm load. Any ideas what could be going on?

How was the gain set, telling us where the knob is pointing is useless because we don't know pre-out voltages from that head unit.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

oops my bad. I set them with my DMM set at 42 ACV with 50hz tone.

Since you used that method I am guessing you did the watts/ohms=AC voltage correct? What was the ohm rating you used in the equation? Also, when it goes into protect, is the amp really hot?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i used 2 ohm for equation making it roughly 900 watts. im in process of selling my 12's and not looking to push them too hard. No the amp is not hot at all when it goes into protect.

Then that is really weird. Do you have a volt meter wired up inside the car to see what the realtime voltage is of your vehicle?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

not yet haven't had time to get it installed

Well try this, run your system at home if you can with a DMM up to your battery or your amp positive/negative(prefered) and see what the voltage is when this happens. May I ask what type of wiring you have for this amp and what type of wiring you have under your hood for your alternator and battery? Also is your battery and alt stock or are they aftermarket?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Bad ground would be where I point the first finger. Check ALL connections. Are any able to wiggle? Is the ground to a frame? Seat bolt? Sanded to bare metal?

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Bad ground wood be where I point the first dinner. Check ALL connections. Are any able to wiggle? Is the ground to a frame? Seat bolt? Sanded to bare metal?

x2 should asked that first :/

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm