Sonic Electronix

Whats Is This Hurting?(yalls Gonna Be Happy Now!)

Alright so iv got my power wire 4gauge running from my battery but it wasnt long enough and would only reach behind the driver seat so we put some 10gauge to continue on to the 1200watt amp so iv got 2 questions.

1.Is this hurting anything?

2.Would this make my system not as loud as it would be if i had bigger wire all the way through?

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

yes

and

yes

your power line is only as good as its most inefficient point, in your case the back 1/2 of the wire

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

yes

and

yes

your power line is only as good as its most inefficient point, in your case the back 1/2 of the wire

-Drew

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your car?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your car?

negative but i do have a bottle of water

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

I would not pass more than 35 amps through 10 gauge, which if your amp is really putting out 1200 watts its prolly pulling a minium of 80 amps. by pulling that much current though 10 gauge the wire is going to heat up and the jacket might melt.

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I would not pass more than 35 amps through 10 gauge, which if your amp is really putting out 1200 watts its prolly pulling a minium of 80 amps. by pulling that much current though 10 gauge the wire is going to heat up and the jacket might melt.

so its not pulling anwhere nears the amps full power

~REFS~

so its not pulling anwhere nears the amps full power

he is talking bout AMPS not watts....a 1200 watt amp is prolly drawin atleast 80amps so wat he is saying that is too much to pass through 10ga wire so there for the wire is prolly going to get hot and then in turn melt the jacket of it!! which means not good and possible FIRE thats y it is wise to have extinguisher handy! :lol::lol:

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

he is talking bout AMPS not watts....a 1200 watt amp is prolly drawin atleast 80amps so wat he is saying that is too much to pass through 10ga wire so there for the wire is prolly going to get hot and then in turn melt the jacket of it!! which means not good and possible FIRE thats y it is wise to have extinguisher handy! :lol::lol:

WINNAR

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

ahh mk is it cheaper to buy a fire extinguisher or bigger wire? :P

~REFS~

Archived