Sonic Electronix

03 g35, bass drops, cars shutters?

No they were at 3/4 before, now at half

how did u set ur gains? I have never once seen a gain properly set/tuned that goes above 50%.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

way to high! clip city

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I didnt set them the first time, they had been set previously by a shop, but in a trailblazer ss, I assume his battery and alt are both obviously bigger than mine. All I did was transfer everything over to my car and install my own 1/0 throughout. Right now at half power ive not seen or noticed any adverse effects, im also driving with all boosters at the lowest they can go.

Ive thought about getting a new oem alt and seeing how she does, but at the same time, its still only going to be a 110. Im not a fan of mechman alts at all and im not sure whoelse does actual good work with them and has them for my car. Looking into the measurements in my battery area tomorrow to see if I can go any larger and start there.

I had an old Volvo that did the same thing. What was happening was that the amp was drawing more than the alt could handle and was making it hard to turn so then engine had to work harder to spin the belt. Rpms dropped and the car would struggle to keep it running.

You do need to properly set your gains. But I will throw this out there for you, my gains were set with an o-scope and my sub channels have the gain turned all the way up. Even used a 0 dB sine wave as reference. So it is possible that your gains are ok but i would assume not until verified. In my old Volvo I had no idea about gains. The problem was made worse by the intense clipping that was going on.

I mean, im obviously a noob to real audio, ive always had a stereo in everything I have owned but I never went into much detail. Biggest amp I ever had and still actually have is an old rockford bd1000.

So I have no clue what clipping is or how to set gains. No shops around here probably even know what an oscope is lol.

So I checked the battery, hadnt really paid it any mind since it was bought by the previous owner a month prior to me buying it in November.

oem says group 24, this is a group 26, I have quite a bit of room for more. Would a yellow top optima suffice? Or am I needing more.

Archived