Sonic Electronix

03 g35, bass drops, cars shutters?

Never ran into this issue before, the car hesitates and shutters as the bass hits, also causes the car to shift funny, like it skips.

Setup is saz1500d, 12" aa havoc, 1/0 wiring, scha gear. No big 3 until this weekend. Standard group 35 battery stock alt.

either the problem is coming from the electrical system not being able to handle the draw?

Or if anyone has a g35, the positive terminal has this weird fuse system on it, I used a marine grade terminal, lug is on first then the fuse setup on top of it. Im not exactly sure of how to get around this to hookup at the battery another way and I still have another amp to hookup :/

Would the big 3 fix this is what? As soon as I turn it down it stops.

did you try checking the voltage at all while playing it. and doing the big 3 will help, but not necessarily fix it. only so much stock electrical and battery can take.

im going to check the voltage tomorrow, after work if I have time, if not it will be Wednesday. I have a feeling I will be getting a new xs battery at minimum, possibly two. I may make a solid copper bar to jump the oem fuse thing to a better terminal also.

It really sounds like you are dropping the vehicles voltage far enough to make the PCM go goofy! Big 3 could help or possibly completely fix it. You have to realize how tiny the alternator charge wire and body ground cables are. They can't carry enough current to keep up.

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

You're system is robbing the engine and ecu of current. The big 3 will probably help during regular driving while the system is down but with the stock battery and 110a alt, there's just not enough power to supply both the engines needs and the system. I'd definitely recommend some upgrades before adding the second amp otherwise there's a chance you might fry something (possibly with the cars electronics)

a couple things, 1) what ohm load is your amp seeing? 2) how many amps is your stock alt?

3) how old is the alt? if you've had that amp @1ohm on a stock alt for a while odds are your alt is dying. I've gone threw the stocl alt on every car I've ever bought.

4) in rare and i mean very rare cases doing the big3 can actually.make the voltage.drop worse! and in your case that would mean your car would shut off. the reason being that now your amp has a " bigger straw" to suck power threw. i had that happen with my Saturn sl. had a single jl 500/1 and i Would drop down in the high 10s. did the big 3 within a week And i hit a 8.4 to my surprise the car didn't shut off. i knew right then time for a new alt. i got a new one and added another 500/1 and didn't drop below 12.

not bad for a 95amp alt.

i just wanted to give you the heads up that the big 3 doesn't always fix the issue. sometimes it makes in worse... rare but it does happen.

find your dropping voltage before you do the big 3. your skinny wire might be the only thing saving your alt from completely dying!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

You're system is robbing the engine and ecu of current. The big 3 will probably help during regular driving while the system is down but with the stock battery and 110a alt, there's just not enough power to supply both the engines needs and the system. I'd definitely recommend some upgrades before adding the second amp otherwise there's a chance you might fry something (possibly with the cars electronics)

checking drop tomorrow, stock alt is a messly 110, id assume its 163k miles old, im running @1 ohm. I noticed this issue immediately upon driving the car. Ive since turned the gains down to half until I can check it all out.

wait what? you turned your gains half way down?

meaning they were all the way up? if so there's your problem!

if you were clipping that hard @1ohm on.that old of a alt no wonder your car is dying!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff