System design question.

Oswsald

2008 F150 super crew

Ordered a DD-1+ and a CC-1 shipped today and should be here Thursday!.

Replacing everything except the head unit.

Avic x930bt.

I am thinking about going for an active 3 way set up with a 3sixty.3 and two JL103w3 under the rear seat. (need to keep the rear seat usable) With this it should give me about 11.5" of clearance at the front and I think 11 at the rear. Haven't ordered them yet.

Would the JL 653 be a good choice and should i get 2 sets, one for the front and one rear.

Also by going active what would the best way to set this up be?

My under standing is I would need a channel for every speaker. Which means I would need 13 channels. So two 3sixty.3 Or would I just use 3 for the left and 3 for the right and 2 sub channels?

Open to suggestions for speakers/subs/amps.

Currently running

Avic x930bt head unit.

4 x Kenwood 6 x 8 comps Stock locations.

Mounted behind the rear seat with 4 gauge wire.

Kenwood 40.4 Amp - RMS

Kenwood 1000.1 Amp Peek - Probably 250 rms - Not sure of model would have to take the back seat out of the truck to see.

MTX Thunder-form 12" sub under rear seat.

Why do you feel the need to upgrade everything ?? Optimize what you have first ...

To start out with, I'd sound deaden the entire vehicle and optimize your electrical. Would make a great improvement on what you have now and upgrade from there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

No, you will not have enough channels on the 360.3 to run front and rear components. If you like the sound of rear speakers you could free up 2 channels by running your front mids and tweeters on passive crossovers. I'm not sure the JL crossovers will behave well without woofers connected. That is a question for their tech support department. I would do a set of 2-way coaxials in the rear. Components are overkill and a waste of money back there.

Archived