Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

type r slot port box


SG2K10

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I have been trying to design a box for my alpine type r 12" 2ohm sub.

Just wondering if this will be ok, or if someone was able to fix my design for me.

box_zpsc20b3aed.jpg

If you were able to redesign it, my available dimensions are,

H - 40cm (16")

W - 76cm (30")

D - 22cm (8.5")

I was looking to get 35hz

I seen that the type r sub needs 162mm space behind, in my current design there is 188mm space so that leaves 26mm between the back of the sub and the back panel of the box. Will this be ok?

sorry about my measurements im from australia, I converted the H/W/D measurements for easier calculations for re-design

Thanks

Posted

What power will you be sending to your sub??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Your port area is low and your net volume is ok but you can go to 2 cubic feet net around rated power. Also you didn't specify the vehicle.

Posted

The amp is a Pioneer GMD8601 which claims 500w at 2 ohm. My car is a 2012 Ford Falcon FG Xr6 Ute. I Just aimed to get the tuning freq to 35hz on the program, wasnt too sure about the rest of the calculations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3394 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...