A little help on wiring tweeters, please.

magillaru

I have an alpine HU powering both back and front stage aftermarket coaxial speakers with factory tweeters in the dash (the tweeters are connected and playing). I didn't install the door speakers or the HU so I'm not really sure how everything is wired.

I want to install a pair of Crescendo cts-1 tweeters but I'm confused on the wiring configuration.

-Not planning on running mids/highs off an amp, just the HU.

Can I just connect the factory wiring for the tweeters to the new ones or do I also have to hook-up the crossovers that came with them (I'm guessing yes to protect them)? There's a capacitor connected to the factory tweets, so I take it the crossovers act in the same manner?

If this doesn't make sense, I apologize in advance and if you need any other info or even pictures, just let me know! Thanks!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

If the harness is correct you can just hook up the new tweeters in place of the old ones. Makes sure to get your pos and neg correct. You may be able to find a color wiring diagram for your vehicle online to make sure its correct. Yes the crossover is going to protect your tweeters from playing to low of frequencies. I would suggest using it.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

• 2 weeks later...

Will those big tweeters fit in the dash?

Yeahhhh.....not so much. haha I was going to try to figure out a way but those crossovers definitely wont fit so I'll probably end up putting them in the a-pillars or doors.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived