Jump to content

FIrst time installing comps, couple Q's


Recommended Posts

Posted

Finally got the rest of the gear (minus sound deadening and wire) to do the next bit of my install. Crescendo Mezzo 6.5 comps going in front doors. But I have a couple questions first.

1.) Is there any issue with mounting the crossovers in the trunk near the amp as there is not enough space in my door? If there are issues can anyone give a solution or tell me what I need to do to make that happen?

2.) The RMS rating is 150w per side. How is the power divided between the mid and tweet? Does it vary by manufacturer and crossover?

3.) Where is a good place to buy speaker wire and what size if I am running the crossover in the trunk? I figure I will need 75' to make sure I have enough and was thinking anything 14 awg or bigger?

Will be installing:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS HU

Mezzo comp's

Crescendo S550.2 for front stage

Damplifier Pro sound deadener

Trying my luck at glassing some tweet pods on A-pillars (buying spare set of pillars from junk yard in case)

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

Posted

I usually suggest having the crossovers as close to the speakers as possible , instead of having to run tweeter and mid cable to the front of the car instead of just the signal cables to the crossovers. with less cables you'll have less chance of interference.

most crossovers vary with each brand/make ect to how much rms goes to each tweet/mid

Posted

Your speaker wires can't pick up audible interference because of the high voltage and the low impedance. The crossovers can pick up RF noise, so don't mount them near your fuel pump or heat/AC blower fan. Consider mounting the crossovers under a front seat rather than in the trunk. It's less speaker wire to run, which saves you time and money.

Posted

Yeah I just wanted to mount them so they are visible with my amps, but under the seats will work.

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1556 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...