tayodell41 Posted June 5, 2014 Report Posted June 5, 2014 Hello. If you checked out my topic yesterday then you know I was thinking about some 12s but the more I talk to this guy (from craigslist) the more shady the deal seems. I think one of the two subs is blown. Anyway, I'm just gonna keep the SSD I have. Its got the upgraded coils so it takes 2000 watts RMS. Max height is 15", max depth is 25", max width is 40". Its going in the trunk of an 01 Camry. This will be my first real box build so I need some help with the design. I would like to port it so the port is firing into the car through the hole behind the rear seats. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
k3n12ock Posted June 5, 2014 Report Posted June 5, 2014 Good luck. It's gonna be a tight fit, especially with how you want it ported. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
tayodell41 Posted June 5, 2014 Author Report Posted June 5, 2014 That box size will fit, I've made a 2x4 frame that size to make sure. My problem is with the port haha
SlamminBeats Posted June 5, 2014 Report Posted June 5, 2014 i wouldnt try to fit this in the trunk, you could sell it and buy a ssd 15 and be louder, maybe even 12, you need to get it ported properly and also placed in trunk properly. 18 firing up is not optimal at all.
tayodell41 Posted June 5, 2014 Author Report Posted June 5, 2014 i wouldnt try to fit this in the trunk, you could sell it and buy a ssd 15 and be louder, maybe even 12, you need to get it ported properly and also placed in trunk properly. 18 firing up is not optimal at all. It does fit in the trunk. I've already tested. I know its not ideal but its what I have to work with.
SlamminBeats Posted June 5, 2014 Report Posted June 5, 2014 i wouldnt try to fit this in the trunk, you could sell it and buy a ssd 15 and be louder, maybe even 12, you need to get it ported properly and also placed in trunk properly. 18 firing up is not optimal at all. It does fit in the trunk. I've already tested. I know its not ideal but its what I have to work with. this is one of those things you should just do with out saying anything because most on here, including me, will tell you its not ideal. Your end result may turn out great though who knows!!
tayodell41 Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 What about using aeroports? Can anyone help with the design?
SlamminBeats Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 i wouldnt try to fit this in the trunk, you could sell it and buy a ssd 15 and be louder, maybe even 12, you need to get it ported properly and also placed in trunk properly. 18 firing up is not optimal at all. It does fit in the trunk. I've already tested. I know its not ideal but its what I have to work with. this is one of those things you should just do with out saying anything because most on here, including me, will tell you its not ideal. Your end result may turn out great though who knows!!
Swordlordboy1234 Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 If your gonna do something....you might as well do it right.. That being said, give your max trunk dims and wait for a member named JOEX to tune in... If he says don't do it.... Don't do it. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
tayodell41 Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 If your gonna do something....you might as well do it right.. That being said, give your max trunk dims and wait for a member named JOEX to tune in... If he says don't do it.... Don't do it. I know I'm hoping for a design so I can do it right. Max dimensions are in first post.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.