Second Skin Audio

Help with box design

inm

Would this (in theory) be a good design?

box.png

Is 4.78 "port area per foot" enough? I feel like I heard you should be closer to 12 if possible. Any and all help is appreciated.

This is for a Level 4 in a trunk, btw

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Well w/o knowing anything about what sub/power you are going to be running, the second box looks a lot better. Can you fill us in on what will be going in this box?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Well w/o knowing anything about what sub/power you are going to be running, the second box looks a lot better. Can you fill us in on what will be going in this box?

DC LVL4 on a 1.2k

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Plenty of room to work with, but it's tricky.

30d 38w 22h total space, BUT there are restrictions. For how I want it to end up, the bottom of the sub has to be between 5.5" inches from the bottom, and 4" from the top. The port also needs to be in that space too. I would like to keep the depth no more than 14"

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Measurements don't add up. You put an overall height of 18" in your planned enclosure, yet say the sub needs to be 5.5" inches from the bottom and 4" from the top. This leaves you with needing to use an 8" driver to fit within your specified requirements, but they don't make an 8" LVL 4.

Based on the internal volume of the enclosure you put and the displacement of the sub, I'm assuming you plan on getting a 12" model, but there's no way in hell you can mount it in an 18" tall enclosure yet have the sub 5.5" from the bottom and 4" from the top, not unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't.

Oop, I should have mentioned, the 2nd one I designed is accounting for the 5.5" from the bottom already. For the 18" box I designed, the only restriction is the 4" from the top, giving me 14" on the face.

Yes, I'm going with a 12"

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived