Second Skin Audio

What sub would you recommend

I would imagine it depends on many factors like budge the vehicle the amp its connected to what kind of set up you are looking for and so forth... too many variables

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

Where do you plan on outing these in the trunk, back seat

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

If the price for a 4000-5000 watt amp is to much then the electrical to power that amp is most likely to expensive also, keep that in mind also

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Before choosing subs it's a good idea to make a budget and cover all the necessary expenses of running that much power. First of all, you'll have to have an electrical system that will provide the current necessary for that much power. Then you'll want to find out how much trunk space you actually have left afterward for the box. Four 12s is great if you have the room to build a box big enough for them but if not, they won't perform well at all. And which subs you use can also be very space dependant, as not all 12 or 15" subs will perform in the same amount of space.

As I recall, 4 of the SAs will need about the same amount of volume as 2 of the HCCAs (assuming that's the Orion sub you're considering). But you also need to consider the power handling of the subs you choose. The SA's are rated for 2400 watts total and the Orions, 5000 watts total. Of course, the SAs will handle about double their rated power but only on clean power and only if in the right enclosure... so that's something else to consider.

In the end, there's a lot of consideration to do before choosing subs and you may have already handled it. If so, forgive me, but if not, take a second look at the foundation before choosing the roofing material. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived