Terra Rysing Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 I plan on putting two Obsidian 15 d2's in my trailblazer. I won't be competing, its just for me. I listen to rap. It will have a old school DEI 1100d pushing them. I am thinking a CRX style box, subs up-port back about 5" from the tailgate. W=46" H=16" Depth=24.5 This will give me 8.5 cubes max before port, driver, bracing displacement. If its to big and they do better with a little less volume the height and depth and be changed, I really want to keep it the width of my cargo area. Thanks for any help.
Ahmed Johnson Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 If you can get that box too fit than use it. If you were thinking about adding batteries it might be a problem, but 8 cu is right around what you want. I got a trailblazer with a 7.5 cu ft box tuned at 33, I love it. Sometimes I wish I went bigger to see how it would sound but it is what it is.
mmets Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 You can also notch the box at the bottom and get some more air space if you want. I have two DC level 5 15s in mine. The 4 3100s in the back and between the box and back seat is 2 dc 5ks and a 175.4. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
Terra Rysing Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 Nice build there. Obsidian recommends no larger than 3.75 cubes per. I afraid to go larger. I am confused on port area. Back in the day when I had strokers I had massive ports and the sq sucked butt, it metered well though. I looking to be loud and sound good that is where you nice people come in at with a port recommendation. Been out of the game since the late 90's.
Terra Rysing Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 If you can get that box too fit than use it. If you were thinking about adding batteries it might be a problem, but 8 cu is right around what you want. I got a trailblazer with a 7.5 cu ft box tuned at 33, I love it. Sometimes I wish I went bigger to see how it would sound but it is what it is. I can go up to 20" high to be level with the back seat. You have obsidians? How much port? The obsidian reccomendation seems low.
Ahmed Johnson Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 I don't have obsidians, I have 2 SQ hdc315's. What kind of obsidians do you have? My box box was made by someone, so I don't know the port area. It's one big ass hole.
Terra Rysing Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 I thought they are just one model and either dual 2's or 4's. You have subs up port back in the center? Does yours sound pretty good while pounding hard?
kalilac619 Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 I've had every single sub/port configuration you could think of in back of my trailblazer,and sub up horizontal bottom loading port is the best overall configuration.sub up vertical port on each side split chamber sounded the cleanest,sub up center port played the 28hz-30hz range stronger then the bottom loading port.and loudest to the ear and meter was sub back port back all roughly the same size all tuned at 30hz ....7-7.5 cuft net is about right. 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
kalilac619 Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 Old box Current box 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
kalilac619 Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 I built a false floor in my most recent setup and mounted 2 G31 batts in the little nook area that's in the floor also 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.