Cj Kumz Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 Hey people, need help on a box design for my VW polo. Max dimesions are 33W x 23H x 16D. The height totals 33'' to the roof, but wanna use my back window Will be powering with a sundown saz-2000d. What would the best positions be for the port and sub to get the best output?? I can occasionally drop the backseat if needed. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted June 7, 2014 Author Report Posted June 7, 2014 Bump Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
timc31610 Posted June 7, 2014 Report Posted June 7, 2014 Cj, is that a hatch? Can you do subs and port to the rear? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 7, 2014 Author Report Posted June 7, 2014 Yes it's a hatch. Not too sure cause I gat 16inches depth, maybe depending on the design. How does port forward in a hatch work with dropped backseats? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
timc31610 Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 From all the builds i have read and from my experience both back in a hatch yields the loudest setup because the rear of the hatch acts as a loading wall and all sound rolls forward. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 8, 2014 Author Report Posted June 8, 2014 So in my case what do you suggest for daily smaller box(3.5cuft) or bigger around(5.5cuft)???? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
CleanSierra Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 With that power, I'd give it 4.5-5 cubes and 65-80 inches of vent. Some of those style vehicles get loader by firing the port sideways and it shows it to load off of the wall there. Just a suggestion. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Cj Kumz Posted June 8, 2014 Author Report Posted June 8, 2014 I have never tried port to the side. Might give it a short . So if its port to the side, is the sub up or rear facing?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
CleanSierra Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 I'd do sub up. If you make the box a nice square dimension, (17X17X Width) you could always flip it to see which was louder or sounded best to ear. The 4th order bandpass I did for a guy, I would have guessed loudest with the port up, and it was loudest port back with it loading off of the hatch. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Cj Kumz Posted June 8, 2014 Author Report Posted June 8, 2014 Yah I have been told port towards hatch is really quite impressive but I am yet to try that too. So in a hatch would sub up and port forward with the seat down work???? Never seen such a setup. Any thoughts Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.