Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

You know what the rated power is, I think you just feel the need to be right about everything.

I don't even know what you're talking about.

This is how civil discourse goes.

I have a point I think is right, so I present my arguments.

You have a point you think is right, and you're presenting your arguments.

How am I doing anything wrong?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

You keep saying how do they rate the amp or what's the rating which one is it you know dam well its rated 2500 watts rms at 1 ohm.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_57525001CP/Rockford-Fosgate-T2500-1bdCP.html?tp=115&awkw=75735402385&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=48387090625&awdv=m

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You keep saying how do they rate the amp or what's the rating which one is it you know dam well its rated 2500 watts rms at 1 ohm.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_57525001CP/Rockford-Fosgate-T2500-1bdCP.html?tp=115&awkw=75735402385&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=48387090625&awdv=m

And what I'm saying is my specific amp got rated at 3400. or that's how I understand that 3400 RMS actual power on my birthsheet.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

And I'm saying no it didnt.

It may have put out that much but that is not it's rating.

You know, I know it, we all know it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

from what I recall the powercube testing is damn near ad-1 in certified 1% mode, I think It was Tony who said that.

Okay. Like i said, i haven't seen my t2500 on the dyno yet, i don't know what it will do.

So I should see close to 3400 on certified?

if its a 2500 watt amp it will probably do right around 2500-2700 certified, to clipping it may be around 2800-2900, and dynamically it will be close to whatever your birthsheet says.

the newer RF amps are no where near as potentially under rated as the old amps.

But looking at the old birth sheets compared to the new ones, it looks like the old ones are telling you the amps power @ 1%thd so certified, while the new ones are just telling you watts rms, and not saying if its at 1% or dynamically, so Id guess its dynamically.

Archived