Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

What model was the PA? Was it a AC3000.1D? If so, I'd have guessed it'd have done 500-600RMS@1 ohm.

I'm a bit curious as to what my amplifiers can produce that I own, but it's not a huge deal. Most of my amps are from reputable manufacturers, so I'm not too concerned. I mean I'm pretty sure my Alpine, Rockford, Boston, MTX, and kicker amps all do rated power, but I do wonder about my Memphis and Arc amps.

I've also got an Audiobahn I'd be curious to know about, but I don't use it and probably won't ever again. and that's not because it was a bad amp per se, I just don't see myself having any need to use it.

Guess I do have a couple Kenwoods I've been trying to sell, wonder what they actually do. And it'd be interesting to know what my old Punch 50.1 truly does.

Meh, not important.

So planet audio 3k do 10-20% of rated power... How sad

lol, everyone over guessed what they actually did, but i ended up guessing closest :]

What model was the PA? Was it a AC3000.1D? If so, I'd have guessed it'd have done 500-600RMS@1 ohm.

I'm a bit curious as to what my amplifiers can produce that I own, but it's not a huge deal. Most of my amps are from reputable manufacturers, so I'm not too concerned. I mean I'm pretty sure my Alpine, Rockford, Boston, MTX, and kicker amps all do rated power, but I do wonder about my Memphis and Arc amps.

I've also got an Audiobahn I'd be curious to know about, but I don't use it and probably won't ever again. and that's not because it was a bad amp per se, I just don't see myself having any need to use it.

Guess I do have a couple Kenwoods I've been trying to sell, wonder what they actually do. And it'd be interesting to know what my old Punch 50.1 truly does.

Meh, not important.

It was the ac3000.1

It's a ton of fun figuring out what these amps do.

Any guesses on some JL 1200/1'S?

Those might anger some people.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

test some home and pro audio amps if you've got any kicking around.

yeah might need to do some math... :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

It was the ac3000.1

What voltage you planing to use? 12.5V input? I'm thinking 900-1000RMS of clean power.

It was the ac3000.1

What voltage you planing to use? 12.5V input? I'm thinking 900-1000RMS of clean power.

rests at 14.4v in his vehicle IIRC.

any other guesses?

test some home and pro audio amps if you've got any kicking around.

yeah might need to do some math... :P

I'd love to test my home audio receiver!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I hate my planet aubio 3000. I got it for like twenty bucks and know I'm really mad I thought it was doing more like eight or nine

What was it actually doing? 400-500RMS@1 ohms?

For $20, if it could do even 300RMS@2 ohms cleanly, I'd be happy.

Guess if I had a DVC 2 ohm sub, I might be content with it doing 300-400RMS@1 ohm cleanly, I mean it was $20.

Archived